Noticed some changes? You can read all about the improvements we've made on the Forum in our latest announcement. We also have a new set of Forum rules so please take the time to give them a read and familiarise yourself.

out of contract, will they charge me?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in TV MoneySaving
1 reply 558 views
pinkie_piepinkie_pie Forumite
829 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in TV MoneySaving
I phoned today to be told my bt vision and broadband were out of contract, if I cancel and have sky, will they charge me for not giving notice?

And how does it work, should I phone and give notice, or if I take up sky will they do it for me?

My line rental still has a year, but afaik you still use BT line with sky

Replies

• BT_company_representativeBT_company_representative Organisation Representatives - Private Messages may not be monitored
    1.9K Posts
    Hi snowedunderitall,

If you are out of contract you will need to obtain a mac code for broadband and the transfer of service to your new provider will be seamless. There is no notice period required for ceasing your BT Vision service however you must cancel the BT Vision yourself by contacting BT. Double check with Sky about the line rental. If you are still in a contract period for your line with BT and Sky take over the entire rental (line and calls) cancellation charges will be raised.

Many Thanks
    Donna
    BT Support
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of BT. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to [email protected] This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
This discussion has been closed.