Tiscali Anytime BroadBand & Phone package

Options
I've just found this on tiscali's website. Its internet access and unllimited UK landline calls anytime/. It does not discount mobiles or 0870's but I have 600 mins cross network on my mobile contract for that.

Has anyone here tried this tiscali package?

http://www.tiscali.co.uk/products/broadband/bundle-2mb-at.html?code=ZZ-NL-11GK
I am a Mortgage Adviser

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.

Comments

• grimelda
    grimelda Posts: 320 Forumite
    Options
    I haven't tried this package but I did once have broadband with Tiscali. They are a nightmare. Their customer service seem to be trained to present a wall of indifference to complaints. The connection was often slow and would sometimes drop out altogether. Do a search for Tiscali on google or these message boards and you'll see what I mean. I would recommend avoiding them.

I finally managed, after a month of phone calls, emails, letters and threats to escape their evil tentacles. I think I was one of the lucky ones. I don't feel like relating my story here but I did post about it at the time if you want to search. They eventually relented and closed my account but not without a hell of a lot of frustration. I bet if my ex-housemate ever wants broadband he's going to have some problems. Good thing he doesn't know how to use a computer.
    'Everyone loves to read but it can be a real nuisance when you lose your place. Here's a solution. When you finish reading a page, just tear it out. You'll save money on bookmarks too!' -- Amanda's Handy Hints, Amanda Keller. :cool:
  • MortgageMamma
    MortgageMamma Posts: 6,686 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi There

Thanks for your honest feedback, as I will be working from home its essential that I have a reliable connection, and I dont mind paying a bit more for 24/7 support i.e. someone to call if things go wrong. I've looked at the talk talk package but I'd have to take the internetional phone and broadband package as I need free daytime calls. Can anyone recommend anything better than this, or is this as good as it gets? mobile calls dont matter as I get free cross network with 3g for 600 mins a month and that should be enough. I just want free landline calls 24/7 and good broadband
    I am a Mortgage Adviser

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • pandaonmyshoulder
    Options
    :mad: DO NOT GO TO TISCALI. You will be given no service (we spent week without a connection, no call backs), internet, customer service etc.. and they hound you forever for money they say you owe when you don't, oh and take out payments from your bank account when you don't owe them anything
    Panda on My Shoulder

If you can make it cheaper do so. If it's not reduced, in Primark, off ebay or free I can't have it
    :rotfl:
  • shays_mum
    shays_mum Posts: 1,693 Forumite
    Options
    i have to agree there, can't wait to get away from them :( will go to talktalk, atleast their customer services are'nt as crap as tiscalli!
    No one said it was gonna be easy!
  • Mike_by_the_Sea
    Options
    Hi MortgageMamma

I agree with all before, Tiscali do seem to make it very difficult to change if you are not happy. I have had a number of customers who have had real difficulty in transferring once tied in with them. f you need good support and don't mind paying more, then don't go there. I am sure there are much better packages. I have been with Utility Warehouse for 12 months on a similar package, it costs a bit more, but has been very reliable so far.

All the best

Mike

Declaration - I am a distributor for Utiity Warehouse and will try and get this added to my signature.:D
    Personally I'm always ready to learn, although I do not always like being taught - Sir Winston Churchill
  • gogsboy
    gogsboy Posts: 527 Forumite
    Options
    When I hear the word Tiscali, I automatically think NO.
  • MortgageMamma
    MortgageMamma Posts: 6,686 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks so much all! I take it thats a big thumbs down to tiscali. Glad I asked now. Mike, can you tell me a little more regarding the deal from utility warehouse?
    I am a Mortgage Adviser

• bendtoy_2
    bendtoy_2 Posts: 131 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks so much all! I take it thats a big thumbs down to tiscali. Glad I asked now. Mike, can you tell me a little more regarding the deal from utility warehouse?

I use Tiscali BB and Talk package and have never had a problem with them.They do have many happy customers,despite what people say here.

Before considering Telecom Plus a Multi Level Marketing Outfit see this thread: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=106377
  • David_B_2
    David_B_2 Posts: 718 Forumite
    Options
    :mad: DO NOT GO TO TISCALI. You will be given no service (we spent week without a connection, no call backs), internet, customer service etc.. and they hound you forever for money they say you owe when you don't, oh and take out payments from your bank account when you don't owe them anything

I would totally agree and I tried to sign up with these muppets and I got nothing but hassle. I gave up and got then to cancel it after 4/5 weeks of chasing my own tail and no access. This in turn took another 3/4 weeks even when they had not actually connected me and was because I tried to cancel part way throught.

In this chase cheap is not always better. Other companies now match their price and I would go with anybody other than Tiscali :mad:

I ended up sticking with my dialup provider for my broadband, https://www.plus.net Highly recommend. If your signing up then drop me a PM and I'll recommend you and I get some dosh back, that goes for anybody else too.
    Regards,
    Dave

If only I had a pound for every time I used the thanks button :D
  • Twopints
    Twopints Posts: 1,770 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I've got Tiscali Broadband 2mb and have had no problems. It's currently costing me £17.99 per month. Following a call from them yesterday I am also now going to have "free" calls (excluding mobiles and International) for an extra £2 per month. And in August the 2mb will magically become 8mb at no extra cost. Apparently.
    Not even wrong
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport