Transfering ISA

Options
Hi,

Is it possible to switch to another ISA (e.g. my HSBC to FirstDirect) right now, given that I've already put a small amount (1000) in my HSBC ISA this tax year?

Comments

• Baldur
    Baldur Posts: 6,565 Forumite
    edited 28 September 2009 at 8:28PM
    Options
    Yes, but will First Direct accept transfers from HSBC ISAs?

<Edit> From a quick look it appears as though it should be accepted, as they only mention no transfers from other FD ISAs, but check to make sure.
  • Chris11020
    Options
    Thats good, I wasn't sure what the rule' "you can only subscribe to one cash ISA per year" meant, does subscribe mean 'open the account'?

I think HSBC and FirstDirect treat each other seperately, but your right I should probably check.
  • Baldur
    Baldur Posts: 6,565 Forumite
    Options
    Chris11020 wrote: »
    Thats good, I wasn't sure what the rule' "you can only subscribe to one cash ISA per year" meant, does subscribe mean 'open the account'?
    No, 'subscribe' means 'pay new money into' - you can open as many accounts as you like but can only pay your annual Cash ISA allowance into one of them.

You will be able to continue subscribing this year's allowance into the ISA after transfer - effectively it is the same ISA, only the provider will have changed.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure