Dazzle White and Others

Options

Comments

• november
    november Posts: 613 Forumite
    Options
    Update:

Son has found 'free' samples in envelope. We have 2 email addresses on a delivery note of:

support@acaiburn.com
    support@wu-yisource.com

So I've emailed both of them the following:

Dear Sir or Madam

I am writing to ask to you immediately stop all payments you are deducting from my credit card in the name of pristinehlth.

I have 2 payments to pristinhlth, one on ****** and one on *****. I telephoned my credit card company to find out what these were and were told they were a subscription payment. I then asked my children if they knew anything about these and apparently my 16 year old son gave my card details to yourself in response to an advertisement for a free tooth whitener.

I am emailing both addresses found on an enclosed delivery note.

The delivery was to: ******

***** is 16 years old and not legally of age to enter a credit or subscription agreement. He gave my card details as he thought he was getting a free tooth whitener.

I also do not see how you can take further 'subscription' payments when he only received the 'free' trial and has received no further goods.

Please stop this subscription immediately and refund both payments for goods not received.

Yours sincerely

Written rather quickly but I will let everyone know if I get a response.
    I live in my own little world. But it's okay. They know me here.
  • rachiee
    rachiee Posts: 407 Forumite
    Options
    Its shocking how they get away with it! The one i went on did not offer a 'free sample' i just bought 1 tube out right. It did not state anywhere near the order form that they would sign me into a subscription and take that amount of money out my account. Did a search on the internet via whois.sc which traced 'dazzle white' back to stanley in durham which is approx 20 miles from me. I would pay them a visit but i have been told they use unknowing victims addresses as their base and any complaints sent via post go there but get intercepted by somebody in the post office passing it onto dazzle white rather than it go to the house.

Who knows though, just got to be VERY careful in the future and i take care in reading every term and conditon now.
    Theres 2 types of horse owner, a person who owns a horse and a horsey person ;)
  • competitionscafe
    Options
    Interesting that the company name (Gillmap Limited) Dazzlewhite were using for their 'UK address'/"world headquarters" is registered with Companies House as a UK Ltd company trading at that address:
    http://www.ukdata.com/creditreports/viewCompanyDetails.do?companyId=06383960
    GILLMAP LIMITED
    9 BROOM HILL, STANLEY, CO DURHAM, DH9 8AZ

That same company name is mentioned in the lawsuit being brought by Oprah against various companies and individuals:
    http://strangelyperfect.tv/6305/monavie-gillmap-idaho-falls-google-treasure-chest-and-oprah/
    "The happiest of people don't necessarily have the
    best of everything; they just make the best
    of everything that comes along their way."
    -- Author Unknown --
  • rachiee
    rachiee Posts: 407 Forumite
    edited 7 October 2009 at 3:31PM
    Options
    Interesting that the company name (Gillmap Limited) Dazzlewhite were using for their 'UK address'/"world headquarters" is registered with Companies House as a UK Ltd company trading at that address:
    http://www.ukdata.com/creditreports/viewCompanyDetails.do?companyId=06383960
    GILLMAP LIMITED
    9 BROOM HILL, STANLEY, CO DURHAM, DH9 8AZ

That same company name is mentioned in the lawsuit being brought by Oprah against various companies and individuals:
    http://strangelyperfect.tv/6305/monavie-gillmap-idaho-falls-google-treasure-chest-and-oprah/

notice the no. 9? is this normal i dont think it is, it will be someones house :mad:

EDIT: it is someones house!

dazzle.jpg

Google images for the address!! Its got a kiddies pool in the backyard?!
    Theres 2 types of horse owner, a person who owns a horse and a horsey person ;)
  • november
    november Posts: 613 Forumite
    edited 7 October 2009 at 7:33PM
    Options
    I've had a reply from [EMAIL="support@acaiburn.com"]support@acaiburn.com[/EMAIL]

Hello

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Please email a request to [EMAIL="support@dazzlewhitenow.com"]support@dazzlewhitenow.com[/EMAIL]

If you have any further query please contact us.

We are always here and happy to assist you.

Best Regards,

AcaiSlim Support Team

Have deleted the individual customer services name as this is a public forum. Thought the email address might be useful for someone as that's apparently the email address for dazzlewhite.

Have emailed them as follows:

Dear Sir or Madam

I am writing to ask to you immediately stop all payments you are deducting from my credit card in the name of pristinehlth and any subscription you have for the customer ID *******.

I have 2 payments to pristinhlth from my credit card: one on ****** and one on *******. I telephoned my credit card company to find out what these were and were told they were a subscription payment. I then asked my children if they knew anything about these and apparently my 16 year old son gave my card number to yourself in response to an advertisement for a free tooth whitener.

I emailed both email addresses on the delivery note as was advised to email this email address as above (see email forwarded below).

The delivery was to: ********

***** is 16 years old and not legally of age to enter a credit or subscription agreement. He gave my card number as he thought he was getting a free tooth whitener. At no point did he know he was entering into a subscription nor was he asked his age.

I also do not see how you can take further 'subscription' payments when he only received the 'free' trial and has received no further goods.

Please stop this subscription and refund both payments immediately together with any payments you may have taken since *******

My credit card company have been notified and I am following their advice on dealing further with your actions.

Yours sincerely

I live in my own little world. But it's okay. They know me here.
  • vannistelross
    vannistelross Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 13 October 2009 at 1:53PM
    Options
    ABSOLUTE SCAM AND A RIP OFF BELOW IS MY ONLINE CONVERSATION WITH THE REP.

NOT A PERFECT EXAMPLE BY ALONG WAY BUT I EVENTUALLY GOT THERE EVEN THOUGH THEY TRIED TO SAY I COULDN'T CANCEL ONLINE ETC...

VERY VERY DECEIVING AND VAGUE IN THEIR ANSWERS.

THE PHONE NUMBERS DO NOT GET ANSWERED OR ARE DEAD LINES.

ANYWAY HERE IS THE CONVERSATION....BIT LONG BUT BEAR WITH IT IF YOU'RE HAVING PROBLEMS

"Please wait for a site operator to respond. You are now chatting with 'Reed'
    Reed: Hello and welcome to DazzleSmile. I'll be your live operator today. May I know, whom am I chatting with?
    you: XXXXX XXXXXXXX

Reed: Hi, are you here to place an order?
    you: My wife was recently looking at your website and placed a trial order for your product. This was a mistake and as she used my card to complete the transaction she has asked that I cancel the order and any further payments that would be taken from my account.DazzleSmile Transaction Number: DXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    Reed: Could you please provide me with your full name, email address and postal/zip code, so that I can pull up your details?
    you: Details provided

Reed: One moment please while I locate your account information.
    Reed: You have been removed from the auto ship program and you will not be receiving any further shipments. As per the Terms and Conditions you agreed to before placing your order, your card will be charged the discounted rate of $87.62 for the first shipment of Dazzle Smile Teeth Whitening after the completion of the trial period.
    Reed: Your cancellation # is
    Reed: XXXXXXX
    you: Ok My order has been cancelled. Having contacted you within the 14 day trial period will I be charged anything?
    Reed: When you started with a 14 day trial with just a basic fee of $14.95, this includes the cost of the month supply and shipping.
    Reed: You will be charged $87.62 as you complete the trial period frame.
    you: Ok and can you stop it if I call my credit card company stop the payment and report your Firm to the Office of fair trading and the BBB your site is deliberately design to hide the fact you are charging much more than $1.95
    Reed: If you don't wish to get charged then you can return the product back to us.
    you: Just don't send the product in the first place, therefore no need for charging etc... CANCEL the order please.
    Reed: I am sorry but it has already been shipped.
    you: How on earth can it have been shipped in the 10 minutes since I placed the order.
    Reed: As soon as the confirm button is clicked, your order is automatically sent to our shipping department. Unfortunately we are not able to stop the shipment.
    you: APOLOGIES FOR THE DELAY BUT i HAVE BEEN FILING MY COMPLAINT WITH the following websites (various websites mentioned including trading standards) This is just a scam, you are not upfront with your prices/delivery costs (advertised at $1.95, charged $11.95). cAN i HAVE THE NUMBER FOR YOUR SHIPPING DEPARTMENT AND i WILL CANCEL THE ORDER MYSELF, OTHERWISE i WILL HAVE TO PRESS AHEAD WITH MY COMPLAINTS
    Reed: Please review the Terms and Conditions which you had indicated that you had read and agreed to before placing your order:
    Reed: The number to call is 0-808-120-1987. They are available 5:00 AM – 8:00 PM (MST) Monday to Friday. On Saturdays, they are open from 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM (MST). They are closed on Sundays.
    you: Yes your t&c's clearly state "No obligation, CANCEL ANYTIME! All prices are in USD. US order Orders will be shipped via UPS Mail Innovations. Canada orders will be shipped via Canada Post. UK order will be shipped via Royal Mail and La Poste. AU orders will be shipped via Australian post." I would say that me cancelling now is "anytime"
    Reed: Your further shipments has been cancelled,.
    you: Thank you for your time can you confirm exactly what charges my account will be debited as a result of this transaction? (in total). Thanks
    Reed: When you started with a 14 day trial with just a basic fee of $14.95, this includes the cost of the month supply and shipping.
    Reed: You will be charged $87.62 as you complete the trial period frame.
    you: Assuming I receive the products within the delivery tiem shown and If I send the products back will I receive a full refund?
    Reed: We do not charge $ 87.62 if we receive the package back before the 14 days trial period is over.
    Reed: If the package arrives after that, then they will still be refunded.
    Reed: But, the returned package must reach our Receiving Department within 30 days of the date of shipment to you.
    you: That is fine as long as I receive the package with enough time to return it. Can you tell me where the package is shipped from for UK orders? and also the full address of your receiving department.
    Reed: We are unable to process return requests via live chat because of privacy and security reasons.
    Reed: Please contact our member support staff at our toll-free number for all return information:
    Reed: The number to call is 0-808-120-1987. They are available 5:00 AM – 8:00 PM (MST) Monday to Friday. On Saturdays, they are open from 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM (MST). They are closed on Sundays.
    you: I have just spoken to UK Trading Standards who have stated the following (note the part which states taht I can cancel my order even before receiving the goods)..... "Whenever you purchase an item online or by other 'distance means' I.e. Where there is no face to face meeting then the Distance Selling Regulations 2000 apply. The rights given when buying in the way covered by the Regulations means that you should be given clear information before placing your order e.g. The name and address of the trader, written information about your purchase, the price, cost of delivery, method of payment, your rights to cancel, delivery arrangements (normally within 30 days unless you agree otherwise). Therefore if you do not like the goods once they have arrived, you can cancel and receive a full refund of the money paid at the time of the order. You can cancel at any time until the end of the seventh working day after the day on which you receive the goods, the trader would only need to receive the notice of cancellation within this time and not the goods – you will need to check your terms and conditions for more information on when and how to return the goods. You can therefore cancel even before you receive the goods if you so wish. Once you have exercised your right to cancel, which must be in writing, fax or email, the seller must refund your money in full, without a restocking charge within 30 days of cancelling the agreement. Your complaint has also been passed to Trading Standards who will assess all the relevant information and may investigate the company.
    Reed: Please check "You will need to check your terms and conditions for more information on when and how to return the goods."
    Reed: A shipped order can't be cancelled.
    you: Under the consumer Protection (Distance selling) Regulations 2000, I would like to cancel the order trial or not and request that you provide me with a full refund within 30 days. A simple phone call/e-mail/fax to the shipping department would cancel the order. Are you telling me that you have no way of contacting the shipping department either by fax/phone/E-mail in order so that orders can be cancelled amended etc... How did you contact them to process the order?
    Reed: As soon as the confirm button is clicked, your order is automatically sent to our shipping department. Unfortunately we are not able to stop the shipment.
    you: Why? Do they have a phone no.? E-mail? Fax?
    Reed: A can't stop a shipped package .
    you: Can you provide me with the returns address please?
    Reed: We are unable to process return requests via live chat because of privacy and security reasons.
    Reed: Please contact our member support staff at our toll-free number for all return information:
    you: I am going to contact my credit card company in order for them to issue a chargeback on the funds I see you have already taken from my account. I have also noticed that others have had their trial orders cancelled whilst using the chat facility and they have not had to go through the procedure which you have described? I do not have much money and could do without the hassle of this over my head, please can you cancel the trial product being shipped. Thank you
    Reed: Your membership has already been cancelled & please call the above number to obtain return address.
    you: Also having read other websites can you tell me if you have signed me up to other companies such as Insider Secrets or Comprehensive weight loss e-book or any others for that matter, if so how do i cancel these?
    Reed: I have cancelled your membership effective immediately. You will not be receiving any shipments from us, and your credit card has been removed from our auto ship system.
    you: To clarify, will I receive any product (trial or no trial)?
    Reed: As per our Terms and Conditions, As you place your order for DazzleSmile , You also get the World Club Fitness Package, Please call on 0-808-120-2346 for the cancellation of World Club Fitness
    you: I have just tried this number. It is a dead line. Having seen other threads online other people have had these memberships including health club memberships and the trial offers cancelled using this chat facility. How can I cancel the health club membership if there is no way of contacting them. You keep mentioning the T&C's but surely you can see that the only sensible and decent thing to do is to grant my request and cancel everything from my account - including the trial and also the health membership, because as they are not contactable in order for my membership to be cancel this breaches all basic consumer rights.
    Reed: Ok, we'll call them on your behalf.
    you: Thank you, can you state clearly the following; 1) Will I be receiving a trial product? 2) Have all memberships (inc. health membership scheme) been cancelled? 3) Will I be billed any money at all from my account? Thanks for your time
    Reed: Yes, You will receive your product.
    Reed: Your all memberships has been cancelled
    Reed: & you will not get charged anymore for anything.
    you: i APPRECIATE YOU STATING THAT i WILL NOT BE CHARGED ANYMORE FOR ANYTHING BUT ASYOU ALSO STATE AM DUE TO RECEIVE THE TRIAL PRODUCT WILL i STILL BE LIABLE FOR THE $87 YOU HAVE PREVIOUSLY QUOTED?y
    Reed: No, You will not get charged $87.62 but you will receive it as it has been shipped.
    you: Thank you for your time in answering and solving my questions. Is it correct that no money, at all, will be taken from my account from today or in the future as a result of this?
    Reed: Yes, Correct.
    you: Thank you and goodbye.

Reed: Thank you very much for chatting with us today. We hope the rest of your day is an excellent one.
    Reed: Please feel free to come back for any further assistance.
    you: Sorry, one last question can I have the cancellation no's for both the health membership scheme and the dazzlewhite scheme and also have confirmation in writing sent to (E-MAIL ADDRESS) that all of these scemes have been cancelled and I will not be billed for any products in the future. Thank you again
    Reed: One moment please.
    Reed: Your Cancellation Number for dazzle smile is : 529853
    Reed: and for World club fitness it is : 56228
    you: could confirmation of these and that no money will be taken from my account as of 13/09/2009 be sent to (E-MAIL ADDRESS) Thanks (and that will be the end of things !)
    Reed: Ok, You will receive it shortly.
    you: Many thanks
    Reed: Thank you very much for chatting with us today. We hope the rest of your day is an excellent one.
    Reed: Please feel free to come back for any further assistance.
    you: Apologies, I have not received an E-mail as yet, checked spam etc... nothing there, your other E-mails came through almost immediately. Thanks
    Reed: It will be sent by our E-mail department , So please wait for a few minutes.

The e-mail came through which this time was a personalised E-mail detailing what i'd asked for, But just in case I cancelled nmy card and my bak obligingly are sending me a totally new one with new details just in case.

As i've said, not perfect but it might help someone as stupid as I was to fall for this scam. NEVER AGAIN !!!!
  • tucker753
    Options
    Hi did you get a return email address that would help others ie; me so i can start the ball rolling. My bank is trying to tell me i am locked into a contract that even by cancelling my card and renewing it wont help. I am of course taking that one up with the banking MORONS> Cheers:confused:
  • competitionscafe
    Options
    "The happiest of people don't necessarily have the
    best of everything; they just make the best
    of everything that comes along their way."
    -- Author Unknown --
  • tucker753
    Options
    Hi folks, i have just received a cancellation notice from Dazzle white, after help from competitionscafe, Email dazzlewhite as per links from competitionscafe. Inform them of your intent to report them to FTC, it seems to work I did it last night and have just had the cancellation through. I am passing this to my bank to claim back my losses. Thanks to "competitionscafe" for their help. I owe you. Tucker
  • kiggy
    kiggy Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    :shocked: well I do not believe I did it!!

I have never done this before and have been very careful even to what sites I go on. The article type add was on my home page with BT! I used to trust them, I thought they were above that.

I decided to go for it so it would help me with a much needed job inteview, but it never came in time and never came in the 14 days trial period either. When it did come I was not impressed and I did not know how to use it either. According to all that is on these pages it was supposed to come from Bradford, it took longer than coming from the states.

I wa checking my account as I had an emergency bill crop up and I was checking to see if I could afford it. Imagine my horror when I saw a sum of £53.97 taken out my account by a company Ultifreshwell, I have never heard of them. I had to wait till today to get in touch with the bank on this. So had a horrendous weekend, on top of being told I did not get the job - not a good one, and I cannot pay the bill.

Spoke with bank this morning first lady was nice and put me on to someone else who was not so but promised to send me a fraud form and that nothing else can be done and there are lots of people in same position. Not very comforting from my position.

I then tried again (of many attempts) to get "Dazzelsmile" or whatever but the web seems to have a round in the circle and not letting you get anywhere. No luck. So I typed in the names and what do you know this web page came up - thank God I thought.

I want to thank Durutti, Joolrob and Wortle for helping me to calmn down and breath and started to action their suggestions, there are many others that gave hints here and there - so a BIG THANK YOU:T to everyone. I think the saying is "Together we stand but divided we fall" how so true.

I have been and got cancellation emails from 3 companies and I thought it was only 1. I have been promised my money back and I have an address for returning the rubbish - less clutter please. Address is if anyone needs it. Interesting to note the third person/company I spoke with who has not yet taken from my account was offering my money back before I even asked and told me my subscription had been cancelled (Lance)! I heard papers rusling in the background on on one of the operators (Sasha). I have heard some interesting names - are they made up?

I was given for Dazzlewhite/acqu???? 0808-120-1987 this number does work and my first call was 12.15

Other telephone number I tried for the "World Club Fitness" which I knew nothing about was 0808-120-2346.

I have also been back on to my bank andspoke to someonelse and she has informed me that they have blocked all overseas payments now,I informed them that I had cancelled everything to deal with these companies. This is Lloyds she also went on and said I was covered with identy theft and it is something I should be aware off - so everyone be aware, if you do not have this facility it would be worth taking it out in the short term at £6 a month and can be cancelled anytime. The bank said I did not need to change my card or close my account and reopen another.

I do not think I am out of it yet till I get my money back but it has really scared the living daylights out of me as well as left me without a bean till next month.
    Return Address for UK
    PremiumWhite UNITED KINGDOM
    BTB Mailflight Ltd.,
    Unit 2B Viking Ind Est.,
    Hudson Road, Bedford MK41 OQB
    The refund will be processed within 10 business days of receiving and processing the product back into our Warehouse.

I have also noticed that everyone has been charge different amounts for the same thing. Nutralogy £82.04 and Ultifreshwell £53.97 both came out of the account before I knew it and form a large percentage of my wage.

I hope my story of my day at the computer trying to sort this out helps someone it would make up for not beig able to get on with my Uni essays that have to be in next week!

Again many thanks to everyone :T Kiggy

ps I will let you know when the money come through
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family