Dazzle White and Others

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Praise, Vent & Warnings
21 replies 6.7K views
rachieerachiee Forumite
407 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Praise, Vent & Warnings
If you order(ed) from Dazzle White (also known as DazzleSmile and other names)-- BEWARE!!!

I bought 1 single tube of this and found multiple transactions taken out of my account to several different companies.

elitepack 4.39

ultifreshwell 49.96

ezykit 5.66

Whitesmile £50.60

I am really annoyed about this as you think a company such as Dazzle White this would not happen, I was a mug and got sucked in by the whole 'Pearly White Teeth' line. I know its probably been posted before but people should be aware of this and always read the small print before doing this.

I have cancelled my card to stop any further transactions.

:mad:
Theres 2 types of horse owner, a person who owns a horse and a horsey person ;)

Replies

• competitionscafecompetitionscafe Forumite
    4.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    "The happiest of people don't necessarily have the
    best of everything; they just make the best
    of everything that comes along their way."
    -- Author Unknown --
  • Its riduclous how they can scam people like this!
    Theres 2 types of horse owner, a person who owns a horse and a horsey person ;)
  • Just a word of warning, cancelling your card doesn't always stop the payments. The comapny I used to work for had loads of customers calling in saying they cancelled the card years ago and now owed 3 years worth of payments that had still been coming out. I would contact your bank directly, to make sure no payments are coming out or will come out in the future. This may not be applicable in this situation, as the other company was an insurance company so they may have different rules, but I would check just for peace of mind :)
  • Hello,

If there was some confusion about your subscription, we honestly didn't mean to inconvenience you in any way. Our goal is not to inconvenience our customers’ .The terms and conditions of our offer are very visible on the order page, they are stated on the order page where you confirm your order, located directly to the left of where your credit card information was entered. There is also a link at the bottom of the home page that opens up the terms and conditions in a separate window. Customer service is our number one priority and we do everything we can to be open with all of our customers. Of course, mistakes can be made; and if you were not aware of our terms and conditions in our site.

You can talk to customer support seven days a week. Our U.S.-based help lines are also staffed each and every day of the week to respond to any questions you may have both before and after your order. Simply call us at 866-437-1621 and we will be happy to walk you through the entire cancellation process.

Your satisfaction is our number one concern,

Thanks,
  • edited 2 October 2009 at 1:43PM
    competitionscafecompetitionscafe Forumite
    4.1K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 2 October 2009 at 1:43PM
    Customer service is our number one priority and we do everything we can to be open with all of our customers.

You and your associates have cut and pasted the same robotic generic response thousands of times all over the internet:
    http://www.google.co.uk/search?rlz=1C1CHMG_en-GBGB291GB343&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=If+there+was+some+confusion+about+your+subscription,+we+honestly+didn't+mean+to+inconvenience+you+in+any+way

16,800 results for that phrase on Google!

If "customer service was really your "number one priority" you would not have literally thousands of complaints all over the place (MSE, complaintsboard.com, ripoffreport, scam.com etc etc etc) and you would come up with a better response than cut and pasting the same waffle over and over and over.......

By the way the same company is charging people under several different names for amounts they did not agree to - which amounts to no less than theft.

Other charges to watch out for include ultifreshwell; elitepack, vhaccess, Pristine Health, White Smile, Well B Health, Elite Pack, World Club Fitness, Weight Loss Resources, VH Access, Beauty Pack, Dazzle Smile Pro, Acaiburn and several more!

Seems more like ripping people off is your number one priority!
    -- Author Unknown --
  • sue.b1sue.b1 Forumite
    17 Posts
    Hello,

If there was some confusion about your subscription, we honestly didn't mean to inconvenience you in any way. Our goal is not to inconvenience our customers’ .The terms and conditions of our offer are very visible on the order page, they are stated on the order page where you confirm your order, located directly to the left of where your credit card information was entered. There is also a link at the bottom of the home page that opens up the terms and conditions in a separate window. Customer service is our number one priority and we do everything we can to be open with all of our customers. Of course, mistakes can be made; and if you were not aware of our terms and conditions in our site.

You can talk to customer support seven days a week. Our U.S.-based help lines are also staffed each and every day of the week to respond to any questions you may have both before and after your order. Simply call us at 866-437-1621 and we will be happy to walk you through the entire cancellation process.

Your satisfaction is our number one concern,

Thanks,

Oh now that is funny. :rotfl:
  • edited 2 October 2009 at 2:58AM
    marleyboymarleyboy Forumite
    16.7K Posts
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 2 October 2009 at 2:58AM
    Major slip up posting such a "copy & paste" message on MSE, obviously someone in the States aren't familiar with just what bad publicity this will cause them ;) Well done linda easterly :D:D:D

Oops, I almost forgot, American's aren't used to sarcasm ;)
    :A:dance:1+1+1=1:dance::A
    "Marleyboy you are a legend!"
    MarleyBoy "You are the Greatest"
    Marleyboy You Are A Legend!
    Marleyboy speaks sense
    marleyboy (total legend)
    Marleyboy - You are, indeed, a legend.
  • edited 2 October 2009 at 1:49PM
    competitionscafecompetitionscafe Forumite
    4.1K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 2 October 2009 at 1:49PM
    "agencies across North America are looking into the company, including the FBI, U.S. Federal Trade Commission and Canada's Competition Bureau"
    http://www.edmontonsun.com/news/edmonton/2009/10/02/11243776-sun.html

Any victims of this scam can file a complaint online at https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/ or http://www.econsumer.gov/english/ and www.ic3.gov/ - the more complaints they get, the more evidence they have and the more likely they are to take action against this rip-off.
    -- Author Unknown --
  • anniecatanniecat Forumite
    1 Post
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    MoneySaving Newbie
    can anyone Help me i am having problems getting phome numbers for whitesmile and ultifreshwell as i need them to stop taking money from my account i stopped dazzel white from taking money now but need to stop the others thanks
  • edited 6 October 2009 at 9:50PM
    novembernovember Forumite
    613 Posts
    edited 6 October 2009 at 9:50PM
    Have just done a search for Dazzlewhite on the forum and found this thread.

Checked my credit card statement and I have had 2 payments taken by these people taken under the name 'pristinehlth'.

They sent my 16 year old son a 'free sample' for which he gave my credit card number and address for :mad: . My credit card says it is down as a subscription which I can dispute so they are sending me a dispute form. But they can't stop the company taking payments until the dispute is settled.

How can a company take a subscription from someone whose name is different to the one on the card :mad: And from a 16 year old :mad:

Oh and yes the 16 year old has been told and has learned a hard lesson. But that doesn't help the fact we are already over £100 out of pocket.
    I live in my own little world. But it's okay. They know me here.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals