Noticed some changes? You can read all about the improvements we've made on the Forum in our latest announcement. We also have a new set of Forum rules so please take the time to give them a read and familiarise yourself.

Who can I complain to?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in TV MoneySaving
5 replies 810 views
Sarah-Louise_2Sarah-Louise_2 Forumite
13 Posts
Part of the Furniture First Post Combo Breaker
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in TV MoneySaving
Good morning folks,

Sky have overcharged me £88.50 since June. After various phonecalls and emails I have been told that the £88.50 will be refunded back into my bank account.
That was on Sept 7th and I'm STILL waiting for my refund and frankly I'm furious and would like to complain to a higher body but after loads of Googles I just can't work out who that is.
I can see the governing body's for their broadband and phoneline services but not their TV service.

I'm absolutely livid about it all, this has been going on since June and they still kept taking money from my account when I had free viewing until November thanks to an incentive code I got from my friend which gave me a free Sky+ box and free viewing for 12 months.

I would really, really appreciate a point in the right direction so I can get a complaint going, 3 weeks for a refund just isn't acceptable.
Another company I ordered something from accidently charged my debit card 3 times and I got the refund back from them within 48 hours, so why can't Sky do the same?

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• PssstPssst Forumite
    4.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Certainly Sarah..I'll direct you.

Cancel your direct debit and believe me,you will get their full attention.
  • McKneffMcKneff Forumite
    38.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No matter what they have said, i bet the outcome is that they will deduct this amount from your next monthly bill...........

Can you check your bill on line on their website.
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • M4RKMM4RKM Forumite
    5.1K Posts
    only £88.50. i think mine was nearer £95.

I've never had a refund directly back into my account, and it is just a credit on your sky bills. If you are registered on sky.com you can look at your bills to make sure the credit is there.So for example, if your bills should be £50, you'll pay nothing one month, then the next sky will only take out £11.50.

I had 1 month of paying nothing, and one month of paying £25, and I can see that everything they said that would be credited to my account has been credited to my account.

This is my sky account, not my bank account.As i've already said, I have never had a refund into my bank account.

If the credit hasn't been applied, you need to write an e-mail to [email protected] as this will go through to the highest level of customer service. I've had to do this in the past, and find that they do call you back, and things are normally solved within a few days.

Hope that helps

M
  • Thank you all

I did arrange for the money to go back into my bank account after arguing with them when they said they had offset it on to my Sky account and they agreed to pay it into my bank account.
    I emailed them yet again 3 days ago and finally got a reply now saying because I had cancelled my direct debit with my bank (if I didn't they would have kept taking even more money!!) they are now going to issue me with a cheque which can take anything up to 28 days to be released from Sky

Livid is an understatment now, it really is, it's just shocking.

So no-one knows who I can complain to? Sky must surely have a governing body?
  • Send an email to [EMAIL="james.murdoch@bskyb.com"][email protected][/EMAIL] . I've been with SKY for years and have had lots of problems with their resolution team recently, but found his email address online, sent him an email on Friday night, and received a call from a Manager on Monday morning who swiftly resolved the issues that I had.
This discussion has been closed.