virgin trains complaint!!

Options

Comments

• hstudent
    Options
    And it might just make him the majority shareholder?:confused:

Possibly or possibly not. Richard Branson set up Virgin Group but he doesn't own 100% of it, there are other shareholding directors.

Writing to Richard Branson would be a waste of time in most circumstances as he has set up around 50 companies in the Virgin name. Do you really think he has a chance to respond to every comment for all of those companies?
  • Gavin83
    Gavin83 Posts: 8,756 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Crabman wrote: »
    Do Virgin actually bother responding to complaints/emails?

Someone I know had a bad experience and emailed them over a month ago. Still awaiting their response as far as I'm aware... :think:

Sadly, from my experience, if your serious about complaining or getting any form of action you need to write or call. Emails seem to get ignored by the majority of companies.
  • Anihilator
    Anihilator Posts: 2,169 Forumite
    Options
    Complain for what? You not leaving long enough to safely board with your elderly disabled nan?

You were late. Count yourself lucky you got on.
  • Stephb1986_2
    Stephb1986_2 Posts: 6,279 Forumite
    Options
    I can't believe you lot being so nasty. How would you like it if you was elderly or disabled or both how would you feel if the train wouldn't wait for you and some blokes made a holy show of you on the platform?

Sorry OP I don't know where you can complain to. But good luck

Steph xx
  • Anihilator
    Anihilator Posts: 2,169 Forumite
    Options
    Stephb1986 wrote: »
    I can't believe you lot being so nasty. How would you like it if you was elderly or disabled or both how would you feel if the train wouldn't wait for you and some blokes made a holy show of you on the platform?

Steph xx

I would have blamed myself for not getting the elderly and disabled relative to the station in plenty of time as per the terms and conditions agreed to.
  • robt_2
    robt_2 Posts: 3,401 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

Steph xx

And how would you like it if you missed a connecting train because this train left late? Or late for a meeting? etc etc
  • p00hsticks
    p00hsticks Posts: 12,983 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Just googling 'virgin trains compaints' would get the OP all the contact information they are asking for

http://www.virgintrains.co.uk/aboutus/passengerscharter/contactus.aspx

You can also pick up complaint forms from stations run by Virgin Trains.

I suspect that what they'll say is that they ask customers who may have difficulty boarding the train to notify them in advance so that they can be ready to assist, and that any delay to train departures can have serious knock on effects to the timetable and other passengers onward journeys.
  • Stephb1986_2
    Stephb1986_2 Posts: 6,279 Forumite
    Options
    I took my parents to the train station last week I set off a hour before the train was due to leave they got there with 2 minutes to spare normally it takes 25 minutes to get to the station but it was heavy traffic, would that of been their fault?

Saying it's your own fault isn't always correct I set off with plenty of time and only just got there!

On the way back they were delayed by 30 minutes because of working on the line, it's ok for them to delay a train for them working on the line yet when an elderly passenger is there but struggling to board the train and they have a gob on about it!
  • robt_2
    robt_2 Posts: 3,401 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    On the way back they were delayed by 30 minutes because of working on the line, it's ok for them to delay a train for them working on the line yet when an elderly passenger is there but struggling to board the train and they have a gob on about it!

Yes, it is ok. It is either planned maintenance which you could have checked before you travelled, or emergency maintenance to keep things safe, which I assume people want.

It is forever in the news how the UK's railways are running at a very high capacity in many areas, a two minute delay on the west coast mainline (which the OP was using) can cause knock on effects for literally dozens of other services, which in turn cause effects on yet more services.

Next time you tut to yourself after there has been an announcement that your train will be late, think back to this post, and think that it could be something as simple as the OP describes over 100 miles away causing your delay.

It sounds daft - but it is true.
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,996 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I took my parents to the train station last week I set off a hour before the train was due to leave they got there with 2 minutes to spare normally it takes 25 minutes to get to the station but it was heavy traffic, would that of been their fault?
    I am pretty sure that it isn't railway company's fault either.
    Saying it's your own fault isn't always correct I set off with plenty of time and only just got there!
    Then I respectfully suggest that you did not 'set off in plenty of time'.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure