We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Humax Foxsat HDR
tuggy12
Posts: 1,314 Forumite
in Techie Stuff
With the Humax Foxsat HDR is it possible to start watching a recording while that recording is still in progress?
I can do this with my Panasonic DVRs but it's not clear from the Humax website whether this can be done with the Foxsat HDR.
Any info appreciated.
I can do this with my Panasonic DVRs but it's not clear from the Humax website whether this can be done with the Foxsat HDR.
Any info appreciated.
0
Comments
-
Yes it is.....
You can record two feeds and watch a 3rd sometimes depending on which channels or playback a recording0 -
Until a definitive answer comes along suggest you try it on a demo machine (Superfi?). This link appears to track the cheapest availability for the Foxsat HDR http://www.joinfreesat.co.uk/index.php/digital-boxes/humax-foxsat-hdr0
-
-
I LOVE my Humax HDR ^_^
YES you can watch a recording in when it is in progress (I do it all the time to skip adverts!!)
YES you can (in certain circumstances) record 2 different channels and watch a third different channel at the same time.Laters
Sol
"Have you found the secrets of the universe? Asked Zebade "I'm sure I left them here somewhere"0 -
You can definitely watch something that is still recording - we do this all the time. You can also pause live broadcasts (which amounts to the same thing)BargainGalore wrote: »Yes it is.....
You can record two feeds and watch a 3rd sometimes depending on which channels or playback a recording
Whether you can record 2 things at once depends how many cables you have from your dish. As BargainGalore says, if you have two cables from the dish you can record two things and sometimes even watch a third. I don't think you could do this with only one cable (not sure, though, because we have two).0 -
Thanks all, my question has been answered perfectly.0
-
Yes you do need twin cable and a twin lnb but doesn't costs much more than having a single lnb and cable and is actually better as I believe there has been issues with upgrading the firmware with just one lnb/cable fitted
Its not a bad product but freesat still has some way to goo to exceed freeview, the major plus is bbc HD and ITV HD will be channel son rather than a few hours a week.0 -
BargainGalore wrote: »
Its not a bad product but freesat still has some way to goo to exceed freeview, the major plus is bbc HD and ITV HD will be channel son rather than a few hours a week.
Agreed, I far prefer Freeview to Freesat.0 -
Channel 4HD has got to come along soon. Freeview has a few good channels that Freesat doesn't. I find the Freesat SD picture is usually better too as I think the satellite pic has more bandwidth than the Freeview one.
But the thing that bugs me about Freesat, and I guess Sky too, is that I can't record the red button stuff. This is possible on Freeview by going to channel 301 etc but I don't know of a way on satellite.0 -
Freeview quality is better than freesat I have both systems, only exception is when its HD on freesat. BBC HD has lowered in quality over the last few weeks
C4 hd is coming in the new future but you need freeview hd box which arent out yet and only in certain regions due to digital switchover. A major freeview rescan is due end of this month to eventually allow for hd0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards

