We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Metal Planters

Glad
Glad Posts: 19,117 Senior Ambassador
Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
I want 2 metal planters in black or dark grey

about 1 metre high and a squarish shape

has anyone seen any, anywhere ?
I am a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Wales, Small Biz MoneySaving, In My Home (includes DIY) MoneySaving, and Old style MoneySaving boards. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Comments

  • choccyface2006
    choccyface2006 Posts: 2,304 Forumite
    Yes - Matalan!

    They have various shapes and are sold as packs of 2 or 3 all dark grey/black at £25. They have square ones just like you are after, plus tapered ones and taller ones.

    I bought some similar round ones from Morrisons but wish I paid the extra £10 and got the Matalan ones as I think they are better quality and more stylish. I had to buy two sets as I wanted two the same for my Box Buxus bushes.

    A couple of the problems I had with mine are that they don't have drainage holes (we drilled them ourselves) and they end up with white water marks all over them when it rains or I water them (posted a message on here about that and someone recommended that I use an oil on then - done the trick for now) I think cos we drilled the holes I can't get a refund :( Really wish I bought the Matalan ones now!

    Hope that helps!

    Sarah x
  • Cadix ones are great and that's what my new box trees are in.

    Quite expensive, but they look the part. Get them from most big garden centres.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.