TopUp TV - Subscription/DTR

Options
I purchase DTR to receive TopUP TV and Freeview late April.

After my free month trial, I decided to continue with the subscription, however started to find that I was having problems.

Missing recordings,
Incorrect recordings (of a different programme, or even of the TopUP TV Logo),
Partial recordings (programme received wasn't of the full programme)

After continuous e-mails to TopUP and performing the suggested remedies (i.e. Reformat Disc, revert back to Factory settings), which did not cure the problem, the only option was to have the DTR replaced.

TopUP TV arranged a replacement which I received a few days later.

However the problems experienced with my origianl DTR still exists with the replacement DTR.

I have now found out that the replacement DTR was recontitioned.

When arranged for a replacement I was not informed of the replacement being recontitioned, nor did any paperwork received with the replacement mentions it as being recontitioned (Retail Replacement DTR).

I assumed I was given a new DTR.

To make matters worse, I can purchased reconditioned DTR's from TopUP for less than half the price that I paid for my original DTR !

Has TopUp broken any rules ?

Comments

• lgb2100
    lgb2100 Posts: 148 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 21 September 2009 at 12:30PM
    Options
    When I challenged Topup with
    "When arranged for a replacement I was not informed of the replacement being recontitioned, nor did any paperwork received with the replacement mentions it as being recontitioned (Retail Replacement DTR)."
    I have now been informed that the replacement was a NEW DTR, as they do not have any reconditioned DTRs of my model.

So was I just told this, or have I been given a reconditioned DTR. I am going to assume that I was give a recontitioned replacement, as it was not packaged.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure