Is this a missold contract

Options
:mad: We joined to Sky a couple of months ago, and was offered a deal of £25 vouchers and £30 credit on first bill, only to be given nothing. I have this in writing on my contract. I have emailed many times and numberous phone calls. Only to finally recieve an email this morning saying, they will send me the £25 tesco voucher, but will NOT honer the £30 credit. Do have have any Rights seen as i have the offer in writing? What can i do?
I left virgin for these!!:mad:

Comments

• fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    Hi, Martin’s asked me to post this in these circumstances: I’ve asked Board Guides to move threads if they’ll receive a better response elsewhere(please see this rule) so this post/thread has been moved to another board, where it should get more replies. If you have any questions about this policy please email [EMAIL="abuse@moneysavingexpert.com"]abuse@moneysavingexpert.com[/EMAIL].
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • zzzLazyDaisy
    zzzLazyDaisy Posts: 12,497 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    good luck!

I recommended my sister under the recommend a friend scheme. She got a free sky-plus box, I got £50 M&S vouchers.

Well, she did her her sky plus box, but I never got the vouchers. After chasing a few times and being told they would be posted out soon, I was then told that they would not be sending them as they had no record of me recommending anyone!

Do a search, you will find lots of stories like this about sky.
    I'm a retired employment solicitor. Hopefully some of my comments might be useful, but they are only my opinion and not intended as legal advice.
  • pointypenguin
    Options
    Have you tried going through their complaints procedure? Every company should have one. If that does not work try the ombudsman but you need to go through the complaints procedure first.

You could also try calling consumer direct I think they were set up for this sort of situation 08454 04 05 06.
    Weekly Spend Challenge: £0/£30

• michmark
    Options
    thanks, all ive done so far is reply with a email, if i get no joy from this i shall make a offical complaint, then see where i can go from there, its the point of it all now not the £30.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure