We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Help needed - Mobile home - what are my options
claire21
Posts: 32,747 Forumite
I have just purchased a static mobile home on a park. It has TV in the lounge and the 2 bedrooms.
I understand a normal TV aeriel won't work because of location so I need a dish and a box.
I really have no idea about what is on offer out there.
I have Sky at home, so do I need another Sky dish at the mobile home and can I use my Sky card from home when I stay there?
or
Do I buy some other kind of aeriel and some kind of box thingy?
No phoneline there if that makes a difference.
Sorry to be so vague, any advice would be great.
Thanks
I understand a normal TV aeriel won't work because of location so I need a dish and a box.
I really have no idea about what is on offer out there.
I have Sky at home, so do I need another Sky dish at the mobile home and can I use my Sky card from home when I stay there?
or
Do I buy some other kind of aeriel and some kind of box thingy?
No phoneline there if that makes a difference.
Sorry to be so vague, any advice would be great.
Thanks
0
Comments
-
I have now phoned sky
1; the cheapest sky package is £17.50 pcm - too much for weekend use.
2; sky freesat £146 box, dish, card and installed will give me 200+ channels. After this had been done I would have to get a local engineer out to wire the bedrooms TVs to work, as the sky man just makes main tv work.
So is number 2 the way I need to go or is there another option?0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards