Dual-flush conversion kits?

Options
valmiki
valmiki Posts: 134 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
Some of you may have noticed that I have recently been trying to reduce my water usage, on a separate thread. Anyways, I started looking for a dual-flush conversion kit for the loos in my house, which I know would make a big saving.

So, why aren't there any out there? well, none in the UK. SURELY there must be a killing to be made with all the recent water-related issues?

Comments

• gavinp
    gavinp Posts: 469 Forumite
    Options
    You mean something like this ?

http://www.plumbworld.co.uk/1816-0000

Thanks

Gavin
  • valmiki
    Options
    thanks!

will look into both of these
  • valmiki
    Options
    thanks for the links, but unfortunately none of these are suitable; my lever to flush the loo is on the side of the cistern, and not on the front! any others out there?
  • moonrakerz
    moonrakerz Posts: 8,650 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    To save water on every flush, put the bottom half of a 4L plastic milk container in the bottom of the cistern. Make sure it is full of water and is well clear of any moving parts. Every time you flush you will save the amount of water in the container.
  • charlieheard
    charlieheard Posts: 522 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    moonrakerz wrote:
    To save water on every flush, put the bottom half of a 4L plastic milk container in the bottom of the cistern. Make sure it is full of water and is well clear of any moving parts. Every time you flush you will save the amount of water in the container.
    ...which is fine, as long as you don't "need" the extra volume. Then you have to flush again :mad:

FWIW, I've installed the Interflush device on 2 loos in the house. They're a doddle to install, and work a treat. You can use any amount from 15% to 100% of the cistern volume. They don't make one for the "cistern-side" handled loo, though (?yet)
    Jumbo

"You may have speed, but I have momentum"
  • valmiki
    Options
    already got a hippo in the tank, but still looking for something I can fit for side-handled loo! :-(

the search continues...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport