PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

ITC Legal Services - Avoid Them

Options

Comments

• portlandboy
    portlandboy Posts: 297 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Many of you on here will have been had in the net by the orange man McKeron's favourite "advisor" Roberta who subsequently tucked the company up good looking with paid time off for phantom illness and all sorts.Roberta often had a Pat on the back for service above and beyond...How is your very own "Westland" crisis looking Grant?Any high profile resignations yet?

Pray tell, is this the alleged female involved in a fraud at the ITC towers??
    Note to Self: When posting, remember to keep within "forum rules" to avoid upsetting other "interested parties"
  • portlandboy
    portlandboy Posts: 297 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Now here's proof beyond all doubt that some at ITC Legal Services are not beyond robbing from the dead...

http://www.stratford-herald.com/local-news/5691-woman-issued-bogus-invoices-to-fleece-the-estates-of-the-dead.html

...and she was an "Operations Manager" with the company!!!

Well trained, trusted and fully background-checked, but maybe not quite as swift as the other robbers in the firm, eh Mr T?
    :eek:
    Note to Self: When posting, remember to keep within "forum rules" to avoid upsetting other "interested parties"
  • angrygirlie
    angrygirlie Posts: 123 Forumite
    Options
    Now here's proof beyond all doubt that some at ITC Legal Services are not beyond robbing from the dead...

http://www.stratford-herald.com/local-news/5691-woman-issued-bogus-invoices-to-fleece-the-estates-of-the-dead.html

Well trained, trusted and fully background-checked, but maybe not quite as swift as the other robbers in the firm, eh Mr T?

Well nothing surprises me with this immoral company. I hope Mr.Trees and him merry men are sqirming with this news. And as for the latest scam with Barclays, i hope more and more Barclay customers find other banking providers.
  • John_Pierpoint
    John_Pierpoint Posts: 8,391 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options

You can judge people by the company they keep.
    I hope ITC realise they are in a position of trust, or rather that a judge will realise and judge then accordingly. Orphans and widows deserve the highest level of probity when compared to "men of business".
  • horserace2000
    horserace2000 Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 13 August 2012 at 7:18PM
    Options
    I have been dealing with ITC probate services sinc January 2012. My late mother's case is fairly straight forwards, all money being in her home or in a couple of bank accounts. After 8 months I have still not got the probate certificate - and that according to ITC literature is only the initial part of the probate process! I, and the solicitor selling my mum's home have been mislead on several occasions by the case manager.
    In June I complained to the firm about the unprofessional way my case was been dealt with. They responded with a 10% reduction in their final fee. They promised to try to speed up my case. Now it's August and still not got anywhere!
    ITC seem to be recommended by banks like Barclays. I APPEAL TO EVERYBODY, DO NOT USE THIS FIRM!
  • portlandboy
    Options
    I have been dealing with ITC probate services sinc January 2012. My late mother's case is fairly straight forwards, all money being in her home or in a couple of bank accounts. After 8 months I have still not got the probate certificate - and that according to ITC literature is only the initial part of the probate process! I, and the solicitor selling my mum's home have been mislead on several occasions by the case manager.
    In June I complained to the firm about the unprofessional way my case was been dealt with. They responded with a 10% reduction in their final fee. They promised to try to speed up my case. Now it's August and still not got anywhere!
    ITC seem to be recommended by banks like Barclays. I APPEAL TO EVERYBODY, DO NOT USE THIS FIRM!

How did you hear about ITC? If it was via a bank, please write to their head offices with your experiences. They need to know how ITC are still fleecing their customers.
  • horserace2000
    Options
    Since posting my ITC experience and reading other peoples comments I have took your advice and written tonight to Barclays bank and tomorrow to my MP. The more people that do this the better. What really sickens me is the fact my parents were loyal Barclays customers for 50 years. Barclays continued recommendation of ITC in the face of all these complaints is beyond belief, it is a 'kick in the teeth' for customer loyalty.
  • portlandboy
    Options
    Since posting my ITC experience and reading other peoples comments I have took your advice and written tonight to Barclays bank and tomorrow to my MP. The more people that do this the better. What really sickens me is the fact my parents were loyal Barclays customers for 50 years. Barclays continued recommendation of ITC in the face of all these complaints is beyond belief, it is a 'kick in the teeth' for customer loyalty.

Barclays Bank have offered this web address for any customers who feel that they have cause to complain about ITC's performance following a referral from Barclays:

http://www.barclays.co.uk/ContactUs/Howtocomplain/P1242558122337

Also please see our Facebook page relating to ITC Legal services:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/104268162937758/

Barclays are aware that they are referring customers to an unregulated service, yet see nothing wrong with passing all the deceased persons personal information to ITC. They have stated that Barclays have had no problems with their "deceased accounts management" (AKA ITC Legal Services) and, as far as Barclays are aware, ITC always state that they ARE NOT anything to do with Barclays when they first make contact with the relatives of the deceased customer. I wonder if that is true?
  • portlandboy
    Options
    Hi All,
    Just a quick heads-up.
    I got a PM into my MSE account from someone with the username of "Pezuk" today. It contains a link to an Outlook address which implies that it has something to do with legal issues. I have forwarded it to the MSE team to look into.
    Seems a bit dodgy, since there is no other message in the text, other than the link. It looks as if it would add the sender to your contacts list, allowing any messages to miss your junk/spam filters.Most likely that it has come to me as a result of this thread, so be aware guys.
  • Watson
    Watson Posts: 239 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 31 August 2012 at 10:16AM
    Options
    I've just been speaking to Barclay's to inform them of my father's death, and after a helpful and respectful (if obviously scripted) conversation about his various accounts the adviser launched into another script, this time recommending ITC and their services. It was obviously an attempt to sell me something (though she was very cagey about the charges involved) and extremely inappropriate and unwelcome.

My natural and immediate instinct was to decline the offer of a home visit ("With absolutely no obligation to yourself" - she might have been trying to sign me up for double glazing or cavity wall insulation) and after ending the call I did a bit of research into the company.

I'm heartily glad that I did. My thanks to everyone who has posted here.

JHW
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport