Transfering 2 different cash isas into a new one.

Options
jay213
jay213 Posts: 270 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary
edited 7 September 2009 at 4:08PM in ISAs & tax-free savings
I have 2 cash Isa's one with Barclays from 2 years ago and one with A & L from a year ago.

I havent opened one for this year yet. I just havent been bothered as I see it as a bit of a hassle as I tried to move my Barclays into my AL one but it didnt go through. I didnt find this out until April when they sent statments for A&L as I never did check that it went through.

Im really getting confused with all these accounts, so what I would like to do is transfer both of my isa's into an new account. Is it simple to do this as I always see it as an option to transfer your last isa. btw I bank with halifax it would have been good if I got that old rate back in april but I was to late, that would have been ideal.

Plus I would love advice on what isa provider I should set up with that allows transfers in. I going to look on Martins main page shortly but would just appreicate some recomendations from you guys, plus I always end up not doing it....

Thanks for any info or advice.

Comments

• Lokolo
    Lokolo Posts: 20,861 Forumite
    Options
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.html?p=4603369&postcount=1

Pick one from there. IF are popular at the moment but there have been few problems from people for transfers.

If you want to transfer 2 ISAs, it means you have to fill in 2 ISA transfer forms. Simples.
  • jay213
    jay213 Posts: 270 Forumite
    Options
    ok, thanks for that

These guys look interesting. I might look further into this one.

Manchester BS (45 days notice) Premier ISA (issue 45) - 3.26%

or think about doing this for 2 years, as my main accounts are with Halifax as well as another bank....lol I have too many account but not sure if I wanna lock for 2 years.

Halifax Fixed Rate ISA Saver - 3.50%
    Minimum deposit: £500+
    Notes: Fixed for two years from account opening
  • Lokolo
    Lokolo Posts: 20,861 Forumite
    Options
    If you want to fix, and haven't done it before, I recommend just 1 year, until you get comfortable knowing the fact you do not need access to it.

Don't forget, the Manchtester one, you are required 45 days (a month and half) before the money gets to you. If you are happy with this then its all good. Oh and it does require a minimum of £1,000.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure