Govt Mortgage to Rent Scheme/Will it save my house?

Comments

• Angiepange
    Angiepange Posts: 3,521 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Thanks willy70

Im glad to hear things seem to be moving forward for your partner with the MRS. You mentioned she had a survey done for the bank, if you dont mind me asking did she have to pay for that herself?

We are awaiting contact from our local housing authority. Thanks for posting, its good to know the scheme is helping some people.

Angie x
  • willy70
    willy70 Posts: 10 Forumite
    Hi Angie no she hasnt had to pay for anything so far its all went quite smoothly but obviously there is still an anxious wait to see if it all ends with success, I'm getting the impression that any work that needs done will be done by the housing authority once they buy the house. I'll keep you posted good luck with yours...
  • loulindy
    loulindy Posts: 7 Forumite
    Hi I just thought id let people know of our experience with the Mortgage Rescue Scheme.

We approached the council last November,and it has all been completed. We are now tenants! If we hadnt had taken this route there was a very real danger we would have been repossessed. I am on long term sick due to a disability and my husband is now my carer, we have both given up work and there is no way we could have carried on paying the mortgage,

Our house was worth roughly 130,000 but they bought it for 125,000 because of some work that needs doing.
  • Angiepange
    Many thanks loulindy

It sounds like your application was dealt with quickly and I am so pleased you had a good out come.

I am hoping we will hear very very soon now, all our documents are with the Housing Association so im just waiting to hear.

Angie x
  • dryliner1
    dryliner1 Posts: 92 Forumite
    hi just to say we had our rescue scheme accepted today so now down to the legal stuff
  • Angiepange
    Im really pleased for you dryliner, wow that seems quick. Im feeling left behind!! but its geat to hear positive outcomes. Hope all the legal stuff goes smoothly.

Angie x
  • Angiepange
    Yay! At last, First email contact from the Housing Association.

2 documents missing so have been on to the council who have sorted the first one and spoke to the mortgage rescue officer at the mortgage co. who is sorting the other document for me on Monday.

After my initial enquiries for getting onto mortgage rescue, nearly 7 months ago I might be starting to get somewhere at last!! Yes, it could still all fail at any stage but here's hoping and keeping everything crossed our luck changes.
  • IF
    IF Posts: 34,349 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Oh! Angie, I've got everything crossed. Well done you!
    If...x
    "If wishes were horses, then beggars would ride"
  • magpiedawn
    magpiedawn Posts: 307 Forumite
    I have been following too good luck x
    Que sera sera-whatever will be will be
  • willy70
    willy70 Posts: 10 Forumite
    My partner got a letter on saturday morning to say that she has been accepted onto the scheme and her local housing authority will be purchasing her house, she is so delighted and has had a massive weight lifted off her shoulders, if anyone is going down the same route then good luck as it seems there are more and more cases being accepted around the country..
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure