How do I get rid of this annoying call/message?

Options
MimiJane
MimiJane Posts: 7,963 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
Every time I turn my mobile on, it rings (displaying 121). If I answer it, I just get the sound of rustling paper. If I leave it, I get a message saying voicecom has a message for me ... same thing! It's got to the point now where I just cancel the call without answering it.

I've tried emptying the call memory, but it still happens. Is this some sort of ploy to get me to spend money? Does anyone have any ideas how to get rid of this? (It's not the first time I've had this sort of thing happen).

I'm with the Vodaphone network.

Thanks in anticipation for any help.
Wins since 2009 = £17,600

MANY THANKS TO ALL OPS

Comments

• simon_hzero
    Options
    That is the vodafone network trying to tell you that you have a answerfone message. It rings you every so often if you haven't called to listen to the message.

You can set your answerfone service to text you. I can't remember the options but you need to call your answerfone. Definitely less annoying.
  • digital
    digital Posts: 212 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Every time I turn my mobile on, it rings (displaying 121).  If I answer it, I just get the sound of rustling paper. If I leave it, I get a message saying voicecom has a message for me ... same thing!
    Have you checked 'missed calls' on your handset to see the number it came from?

You can delete the message by pressing 3 when you are listening to it.

Could the rustling be a recording of the 'other' phone in someone's pocket/handbag? My wife seemed to manage to get her phone to dial out without any interference from her - just put it in the handbag, arrange to jiggle it around as she walked, and bingo! Although, to my shame, mine once dialled 999 when I was carying it in my jacket pocket. Happens quite often with mobiles apparently.

We've both now got clamshell phones to protect the keypad from being knocked.
    digital
  • derrick
    derrick Posts: 7,424 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Every time I turn my mobile on, it rings (displaying 121).  If I answer it, I just get the sound of rustling paper. If I leave it, I get a message saying voicecom has a message for me ... same thing!  It's got to the point now where I just cancel the call without answering it.

I've tried emptying the call memory, but it still happens.  Is this some sort of ploy to get me to spend money?  Does anyone have any ideas how to get rid of this?  (It's not the first time I've had this sort of thing happen).

I'm with the Vodaphone network.

Thanks in anticipation for any help.

Cancel the voicemail,if it is urgent the caller will ring back when you can take the call,it also stops these companies from getting money via the message leaver and also when you call voice mail to pick up your messages,unless you have free voicemail retrevial,but even then the caller still pays to leave the message.
    Don`t steal - the Government doesn`t like the competition

• MimiJane
    MimiJane Posts: 7,963 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Thanks for the replies. It does sound as if someone's dialled my 'phone "accidently". I'll try pressing 3 next time I get the message and see if this clears it.

Cheers.
    Mimi
    Wins since 2009 = £17,600

MANY THANKS TO ALL OPS
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business