The ‘Carol Vorderman Please Stop Doing Secured Loans’ Appeal

MSE_MartinMSE_Martin MoneySaving Expert
8.3K Posts
✭✭✭✭
The ‘Carol Vorderman Please Stop Doing Secured Loans’ Appeal

This appeal is to ask the respected TV presenter, Carol Vorderman, famed for her mathematical nous, to, after nine years, stop doing secured loan adverts. The Appeal and the forums

I called Carol Vorderman’s agent months before this appeal was launched requesting to speak to her in public or in private, on or off the record, so I could talk her through my reasons for wanting to ask her to stop doing the adverts. I still have not heard from her, though I received communication from her advisers, who expressed severe reservations about the nature of this appeal. I want to be fair to Carol, and I do hope that perhaps after this appeal is in the public domain, we will be able to open a dialogue.

In the past people have expressed very strong views about her advertisements, both to me personally and on the internet, therefore as this appeal is potentially contentious, my legal advisers have expressed concern about allowing uncontrolled discussions here in the Chat Forum, so sadly and contrary to this site’s normal policy, there will be no discussion here.

What to do if you see a post about the appeal?

Please report any posts mentioning the appeal to [EMAIL="abuse@moneysavingexpert.com"][email protected][/EMAIL].

Can you link to the petition in other site’s forums?

Of course, the more people who know about this appeal the better. Though please be careful you are not breaking their spam or any other policies. I would encourage MoneySavers to tell friends and family about this appeal and the petition.

Kind regards

Martin
Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.
Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.
Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides