🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Cancelling my Sky service early

Options
Hello,

I'm moving house in to a rented property and my Landlord as denied permission to have Sky installed, due to a dish being installed.

My contact with Sky runs out in March 2010. Although I can't have Sky installed, I may be able to have Virgin Media isntalled due to no dish is required.

Would anybody know if I would have to carry on paying off the Sky contract, although I wouldn't be using their service?

Comments

• OneADay
    OneADay Posts: 9,031 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Probably, contracts are usually for 12 month periods so remainder of the term has to be paid with a cancellation fee.
  • Christopherj_2
    Options
    I would have to pay a cancellation fee on top of the remainder?
  • OneADay
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    no I mean the cancellation fee is likely to be the total amount you would normally have paid to end of the contract (i.e. up to March 2010).

Is there anyway you could pass the sky dish and contract onto old landlord?
  • Christopherj_2
    Options
    OneADay wrote: »
    Is there anyway you could pass the sky dish and contract onto old landlord?

What do you mean?
  • OneADay
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Well I am assuming you are leaving a rented accomodation, could the new tenant of the old property take over your contract or something.

If not - your only option I guess would be to pay off Sky and take the box/dish with you (hey way give it away to the old landlord).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport