We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Cheapest Broadband and Line rental - No calls needed?

Hi

I'm trying to sort out who provides the cheapest fast broadband and line rental as I have been robbed regularly by Talk Talk and have now moved all my calls to be covered through my orange mobile phone contract; I have unlimited landline calls and 900 mins of mobile calls a month included in a new deal. The only thing I need to sort out now is the 0845, 0870's, the cheapest line rental and broadband deal.

Most deals I have found line rental and broadband deals that bundle calls, for evening and weekends etc, but I dont really need these calls other than the 0840 or 0870. Has anyone come across a cheaper deal which doesnt throw in the calls or a better combination to get these numbers cheapest. I basically only need the land line for the broadband. I have considered a dongle with anywhere type broadband but the speeds and the coverage are too dia as yet.

Any ideas would be a great help.:T

Thanks
Bin

Comments

  • cajef
    cajef Posts: 6,283 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 7 September 2009 at 7:14PM
    you get an extra discount if you mention a present user when registering.

    If you decide to go for it mention you were referred by user ***** during registration for money off :beer:

    No you do not, the person that gets a discount is the present user not the new customer.

    This looks like someone touting for referrals.:rolleyes:
  • notbritishgas
    notbritishgas Posts: 2,321 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited 8 September 2009 at 8:51AM
    Cheapest I have found is Plusnet at the moment ... super cheap and great support and speed .. only £5.99 a month for 8Mb. The reviews of this provider also seem to be the highest rating of all at the moment.

    Cheapest I have found is Plusnet at the moment ... super cheap and great support and speed .. only £5.99 a month for 8Mb. Th reviews of this provider also seem to be the highest rating of all at the moment.

    you get an extra discount if you mention a present user when registering.

    If you decide to go for it mention you were referred by user !!!!!!! during registration for money off :beer:
    Do not be fooled by this. The new customer does not get any discount, the discount is given to the referrer, in this case !!!!!. Beware.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.