Blocking a Number

Hey I was wondering if i ring up Orange would they block a certain mobile number on a different network for me or would I have to change my number?

Im enquiring as Ive just been woken up again by my ex boyfriend putting a girl on the phone to call me an ugly skank and tell me how many times shes slept with him.

Tonight its just gone to far, normally im quite nice about it as hes normally drunk and I was just taking it he still had feelings for me but this is just too much i've moved on and i dont want phone calls like this.

Thanks

Comments

• If you have a samsung phone then you can block the number and texts.Other then that i don't think a network would block a number but you could report it.
  • mb73
    mb73 Posts: 84 Forumite
    It's a bit of a palaver by the looks of it but there's some info here that might be helpful:

http://www.yourrights.org.uk/yourrights/privacy/harassment-unwanted-letters-and-telephone-calls/index.shtml

Your ex and his new ladyfriend sound like real charmers :O You certainly should not have to put up with this sort of harrassment, and I wish you all the best in getting it sorted.
    Debt at light bulb moment - £15K
    Currently stands at £2.6K
    Current debt-free date: far far away
    Proud to be dealing with my debts

Official DFW Nerd Club Member 1221

DFW Long Haulers Supporter #173

• jamespir
    jamespir Posts: 21,456 Forumite
    just don t answer the call and if you do stick the phone next to radio 4 thelly soon get bored
    Replies to posts are always welcome, If I have made a mistake in the post, I am human, tell me nicely and it will be corrected. If your reply cannot be nice, has an underlying issue, or you believe that you are God, please post in another forum. Thank you
  • Even if I dont answer the phone I still have to put up with it ringing and I dont like putting it on silent in the evenings incase of emergency(parents/grandparents falling ill)...no one else rings me in the night unless its important apart from him and its starting to get on my nerves now.

Looks like im going to have to change my number then, really dont want the hassle of having to give a new number out to all of my friends but I cant put up with this anymore especially being called rude names when I dont even want anything to do with this guy anymore.

Thanks for your help though guys :)
  • DomTom
    DomTom Posts: 299 Forumite
    like somone said, some samsung give you the option to block a number. i get some sales phone calls from gyms etc, i just add the number to a blacklist/barred list. i'd soon rather change my phone than my number.
  • "Advanced Call Manager" - if it works on your phone then you can give it a list of numbers to reject.

Any of these phones:
    http://www.webgate.bg/products/acm/trial/

Trouble is:

1. You have to buy it

2. If the harrassing caller figures out that their calls are being auto-rejected they will just call from a different number and you will be back to square 1.

I would have thought best plan was don't answer the calls and your ex will get bored. Doesn't sound like he has a long attention span. OK you get woken up a few times but he doesn't know that and it saves the nuisance of having to tell all your friends a new number.
    [size=+2]I MSE[/size]
  • Just out of interest, can your phone do different ring tones for certain phone book entries?

If so, might be worth setting up a blank/mute ringtone (record some silence if the phone supports it) and assigning their number to it (assuming their not witholding their number), should stop it from ringing then
  • imfedup
    imfedup Posts: 225 Forumite
    I know how you feel, my ex has bein doing the same thing for 6 years, unfortunately we have a child together which means I cant change my number in case on the rare occasions he sees his son something happens.

I have changed his ringtone so that its a one beep ring, 9 times out of 10 I dont even hear the beep, and then I change it to a normal ring tone if he has DS. Unfortunately if he blocks his number or uses a different phone I dont know its him, but I dont answer any blocked numbers now and I let any number I dont know go straight to answer phone.

Not much help I am afraid but didnt want you to think you are on your own. Unfortuantely, these people are childish and need to grow up and get on with their own sorry existence.
  • Buddah1
    Buddah1 Posts: 22 Forumite
    If she rings a again,say yes and half of town says youre crap in bed you slapper
  • Thanks guys Ive just got his number assigned to silence now :) Hopefully he will give up and get bored soon as you said!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure