Debate House Prices

In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non MoneySaving matters are no longer permitted. This includes wider debates about general house prices, the economy and politics. As a result, we have taken the decision to keep this board permanently closed, but it remains viewable for users who may find some useful information in it. Thank you for your understanding.

MSE News: Halifax: house price growth decelerates

Comments

• Really2
    Really2 Posts: 12,397 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I must admit my 0.99% mortgage is a real slog I can tell you.
    Your pity will help me get over knocking another 7-8% off my mortgage again this year. :D:money:
  • nollag2006
    nollag2006 Posts: 2,638 Forumite
    doire wrote: »
    I pity them...i really do.....OK then i dont :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I pity those waiting for the crash to come back ... really do.....OK then i dont :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • doire_2
    doire_2 Posts: 2,275 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    nollag2006 wrote: »
    I pity those waiting for the crash to come back ... really do.....OK then i dont :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I was hoping you were going to post another cartoon :(

The last one was fantastic.
  • nollag2006
    Maxiwax wrote: »
    You guys ever see that video on youtube of the 2 guys kicking a football to each other on the beach and just in the corner of the shot you can see the approaching 100 metre high wave ?.

As funny as this??

mwi0090l.jpg

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • nollag2006
    doire wrote: »
    I was hoping you were going to post another cartoon :(

The last one was fantastic.

Keep reading Moneyweek or HPC.

The funniest publications around !!!

:rotfl::rotfl:
  • phil_b_2
    phil_b_2 Posts: 995 Forumite
    nembot wrote: »
    Many of the bullish are servicing huge mortgages, due to the fact they bought at peak and the advisor said prices go up forever.

Forgive their bitterness, it's the only way they can cope :D

I'm quite impartial overall really despite what I say, but that is nonsense.

The most bitter folk are those who cant afford a house or missed the bottom of the market. Those are the most motivated to shout their beleifs in a hope it will make a difference.
    Most people who actually own a house now dont care what happens to prices. Even if they dropped it wouldnt matter as they dont wish to sell.
    On the other hand, every person who wants to buy a house is desperate for prices to drop as they NEED them to.

It's pretty amazing the rate that prices are going up.
  • nollag2006
    phil_b wrote: »

Not really - they are just reverting to the level that they were before the credit crunch.

The world is slowly recovering, and house prices are leading the way.
  • Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    nollag2006 wrote: »
    Not really - they are just reverting to the level that they were before the credit crunch.

The world is slowly recovering, and house prices are leading the way.

King Canute thought he could control the tide as well. ;)

Look what happened to him.
  • nembot
    nembot Posts: 1,234 Forumite
    I'm quite impartial overall really despite what I say, but that is nonsense.

The most bitter folk are those who cant afford a house or missed the bottom of the market. Those are the most motivated to shout their beleifs in a hope it will make a difference.
    Most people who actually own a house now dont care what happens to prices. Even if they dropped it wouldnt matter as they dont wish to sell.
    On the other hand, every person who wants to buy a house is desperate for prices to drop as they NEED them to.

Sorry to disappoint Phil, but making random assumptions from single post can often be completely wrong, as in this case.

My mortgage has three years to run, if prices go up I win, if they drop I win and i'll just buy another house (maybe two).

Bitter, nah don't thinkso ;)
  • doire_2
    doire_2 Posts: 2,275 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker

Of course prices are rising.

The desperation of Liebour to get another term in office will mean they will do anything to postpone the falls that are coming.

After the election should be fun. :T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport