Free Book every day! Just pay p+p

Options

Comments

• frugal_rock
    Options
    today's book is visiond of paradise a natinal geoprhic book for £2.45 postage so i'm getting that my fil will like that!!

The above now OOS, so they are currently offering this...
    ?SWBMDc0NzU4OTMzWA==
  • miemie
    miemie Posts: 646 Forumite
    Options
    Fantastic, I've ordered this for my nephew for christmas, i had had a look this morning but decided that i could'nt use the paradise book as a prezzie for anyone and was'nt my kind of book so left it, glad i came back this is perfect for my nephews christmas present.
  • princess83
    Options
    I got the book I ordered today (the wind up letters) the book is all bet with marks all on the front cover, I wanted to give it as a pressie, not very good
  • TurkishDelight
    Options
    They are obviously clearing out their damaged stock on these offers- this is what they sell good condition ones for http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Seal-of-Solomon-Alfred-Kropp-2-Book-Rick-Yancey-NEW_W0QQitemZ180408248080QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Books_ChildrensBooks_ChildrensBooks_GL?hash=item2a012b6710&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14 and you're not the only ones to be annoyed with them http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=bangzo&iid=-1&de=off&items=25&which=negative&interval=365 to be honest most of these books are 1p books on Amazon, so £2.76, and they are often new.
    This is my opinion. There are many others like it but this is mine
    :kisses2: Fiancee of the "lovely" DaveAshton :kisses2:
    I am a professional ebay seller. I work hard at my job, I love my job, if you think it's silly that's your problem not mine. :p
  • Naye
    Naye Posts: 75 Forumite
    Options
    I have ordered several of these from the site and I can say I have never had a problem with them. Well worth looking at because at the end of the day they are offering different types of books each day and some of them are worth a lot of money, I got one the other week that was worth £25 rrp (I checked several places and didn't see it cheaper than a tenner). None of my items have been damaged, and I have bought books from them as well and dealt with their customer services team when I wanted to find out if they had a specific book as I didn't see it on their site, and they were very professional and completely lovely about everything even though they didn't have what I needed. :beer:

At the end of the day they are offering a free book every day, and are only asking you to cover the price of the postage, you can't say fairer than that really can you?

THANK YOU BANGZO!!! :beer::j
    Gotta Love The Freebies :beer:
  • Naye
    edited 24 September 2009 at 3:40PM
    Options
    They are obviously clearing out their damaged stock on these offers- this is what they sell good condition ones for http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Seal-of-Solomon-Alfred-Kropp-2-Book-Rick-Yancey-NEW_W0QQitemZ180408248080QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Books_ChildrensBooks_ChildrensBooks_GL?hash=item2a012b6710&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14 and you're not the only ones to be annoyed with them http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=bangzo&iid=-1&de=off&items=25&which=negative&interval=365 to be honest most of these books are 1p books on Amazon, so £2.76, and they are often new.

Surely £0.00 is better than £5.80 and I think its a bit unfair that you have only shown their negative feedback, and not the whole picture,

iconPos_16x16.gifPositive 4545 26245 61679
    iconNeu_16x16.gifNeutral 26 226 444
    iconNeg_16x16.gifNegative 11 138 319

percentage wise that isn't bad at all is it?
  • TurkishDelight
    Options
    Naye wrote: »
    Surely £0.00 is better than £5.80 and I think its a bit unfair that you have only shown their negative feedback, and not the whole picture,

iconPos_16x16.gifPositive 4545 26245 61679
    iconNeu_16x16.gifNeutral 26 226 444
    iconNeg_16x16.gifNegative 11 138 319

percentage wise that isn't bad at all is it?
    Or £2.76 for a brand new book compared to £2.45 for a book that had 11 pages missing!

Percentage wise once the changes come in in October they will be getting lowered visibilty and a severe cut in powerseller discount, so yeah it's quite bad.

The link I provided also showed those statistics at the top, I highlighted the negs because a lot of people on here have been having issues.
    This is my opinion. There are many others like it but this is mine
    :kisses2: Fiancee of the "lovely" DaveAshton :kisses2:
    I am a professional ebay seller. I work hard at my job, I love my job, if you think it's silly that's your problem not mine. :p
  • Naye
    Options
    Or £2.76 for a brand new book compared to £2.45 for a book that had 11 pages missing!

Percentage wise once the changes come in in October they will be getting lowered visibilty and a severe cut in powerseller discount, so yeah it's quite bad.

The link I provided also showed those statistics at the top, I highlighted the negs because a lot of people on here have been having issues.

What changes are these?

Also most people that I can see on this thread have had positive experiences, and only a few had negatives, all I can say is that I have never had an issue with them at all, not with the free or the ordered books, so just because less than 1% of their monthly sales have had negative feedback is not a reason to try to stop other people from using them. If you have a problem with the book, then read the returns policy on the website and you will see that they can be returned if faulty. If something you had paid for was faulty, you would send it back, and the same applies for free items.
  • ClootiesMum
    Options
    I got mine yesterday - excellent condition & really pleased with it - 1 Christmas pressie sorted.......

Thanks OP
    Debts 07/12/2021
    #280/#310.08/#450/#575.47/#750/#1000/#1200/#1848.83
  • lilvixen
    Options
    i order the book that was on offer yesterday. pc for dummies lol. will come in useful

thanks op
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport