September 2009 Grocery Challenge

edited 9 September 2009 at 6:36PM in Old Style MoneySaving
1.1K replies 73.5K views

Replies

• jaywardjayward Forumite
    541 Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    hi,had a good shop today,fresh veg,fruit and milk enough to last till next weekend 23.38 ,did well lots of yellow stickers
  • Hi all

I am declaring at £111.16 for September, it was a bit over my original budget plan but I'm pleased because it included cat food and cleaning stuff. So I've decided I've found an amount I'm happy with so will be aiming for £120 for October.

Thanks
    JL
  • candygirlcandygirl Forumite
    29.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not declaring yet for sept, but want to try a £100 target again for oct:D:D
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • Evening everyone -

We are doing surprising well this month with only a few days to go so fingers crossed.

Someone at work gave me a carrier bag of cooking apples so I prepared a load by simmering with sugar as a base for crumble or apple pie and that's gone in the freezer. Then I had a go at making baked apples for the first time ever. :eek:. Despite scoring around the middle of the apple when I went to remove them from the oven they had all burst over the dish so we had apple mush and ice cream which was actually quite nice!:rotfl:
    Mortgage Free in 3 part 2 challenge - pay off £9000
    Sealed Pot Challenge 416 - target £500
  • ChocClareChocClare Forumite
    1.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    TheBees wrote: »
    I had a go at making baked apples for the first time ever. :eek:. Despite scoring around the middle of the apple when I went to remove them from the oven they had all burst over the dish so we had apple mush and ice cream which was actually quite nice!:rotfl:

Mmm, baked apples...:happyhear I have got 750 million apples (actual figures may vary) so I might do this. Did you core them and stuff the centre with butter, sugar, sultanas and cinnamon or were you terribly healthy? (First option is possibly not so good for one's figure but terribly good for one's morale, especially when it's foggy outside as it is here tonight...) :rolleyes:
  • huxleyhuxley Forumite
    296 Posts
    ✭✭
    Hi all had problems keeping up with everyone this month but will try harder :D. Please can i declare september at £209.69 and be set my target for £250 for October. Should have been escaping to the caravan this evening dh has the chance to work tomorrow and seeing as this time of year money gets tighter than tight! Work wins:o so im going to make cookies and bread pudding for comfort food and then try freecycle for paint to decorate ds2's room this weekend. See you all on the october thread :j:D:j:D
  • kipperskippers Forumite
    2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pls put me down for £300 for October

Thanks

I'm still to work out my total for September but I think i've done ok
    :j :j :j :j :j
  • skillyskilly Forumite
    904 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Mortgage-free Glee! Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭
    Hi eveyone
    can you put me down for £350.00 oct please .I am going from 1st....31st.I made 6 jars of stawberry jam yesterday very pleased with myself first time, there would have been more but i had to make sure they were ok lol.
    27 Sealed pot challenge 3£496/4£706.75/5 £376.74/6 £645.08/ 7 £861.34 /8 £786.90/9£610.49/10 £722.03 / 11? / gold star from sue :staradmin
  • Hi everyone - done up to and including Skilly - thanks

Helen x
    Projects made for craft fair - 40 :)
    1st fair on 13/4/14 :j
  • My month ends on Sunday, so will need to wait until then to declare. A grand total of £9 left to spend :p.

Can I please go for £200 for October? Thank yoooouuu!
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.-- Mark Twain
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Lloyds Bank wrongly declares customer dead

Account was closed due to a misreading

MSE News

Cheap home insurance

Grab 100+ buildings insurance quotes & cashback

MSE Guides

£12 for 1L Baileys

Available at Tesco, Morrisons & Asda

MSE Deals