What info on headed paper/comp slips etc for business - i'm self employed

Hi

after i register with HMRC, what info do i need to put on my headed paper and complimentary slips?

I will be self employed if it makes a difference.

Cheers, MrYorke

Comments

• Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,014 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    It does make a difference. If you're a limited company there are some things you HAVE to put. As a sole trader, I think you can put what you like, so the obvious things would be the contact details you want people to have. Your VAT number (if you're registered) is probably required on invoices if not on everything else.
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • MrYorke
    MrYorke Posts: 125 Forumite
    ok thanks. Just wasn't too sure about what i had to put on as a sole trader.

Not VAT registered and wont be for some time.

Cheers for the info
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,014 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Well, double check somewhere like businesslink. I know we had to change things to ensure our company / limited charity was compliant, but I think it is only companies which are under those rules of transparency.
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • Do your best to keep your turnover below VAT threshold, it keeps your prices competitive when compared with the big boys.
    As a sole trader you only need to include your business address contact details. Business Link is great for resources, also check your local council, they usually have courses to help you set up your business, usually free
    Beer meter E[.\.......]F
  • bingo_bango
    bingo_bango Posts: 2,594 Forumite
    If you aren't registered as a company with Companies House, then you still need to provide quite a lot of info. The Business Names Act 1985 applies to you.

See THIS GUIDANCE on the CH website. It will tell you what you need to know. See Chapter 1 S3, and then Chapter 2 S 1-3 for specific details.
  • MrYorke
    MrYorke Posts: 125 Forumite
    i've registered with HMRC so far. They didn't say anything about ompanies house but did say that i would have all the info about Tax and VAT sent to me.

I wont be VAT registered as i'll be well below the throshold and i'll also be opting out of NI contributions as again, i'll be well under the threshold
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure