Moving House and SKY Cancellation.

Options
So I am moving house soon. I currently have the bog standard SKY set-up but want SKY+ for the recording facility.

Do I downgrade my current package and then cancel giving 30 days notice the next day and then join as a new customer for the new house?

If I keep my telephone number would SKY rumble it?

I don't have SKY broadband or telephone or anything else other than pure SKY tv packages.

Comments

• Inactive
    Inactive Posts: 14,509 Forumite
    Options
    They may well find out if you keep your existing phone number.
  • Tongue
    Tongue Posts: 190 Forumite
    Options
    Okay so it's new phone number, wear camoflague clothes, change name by deed poll and disguise voice on the phone line.

Owt else to consider?
  • korky69
    korky69 Posts: 525 Forumite
    Options
    cant you re-order in someone elses name?
    i did this when we moved earlier this year, and turned a £40 bill to move home into free install and 2 brand new boxes.
    not sure about the number, but if the accounts closed before you order it should be ok,
    ps. dont forget to go through a recommend a friend link, then you will get a free sky+ box and the other will get £50 in vouchers
  • quitslaving
    Options
    also change bank account. I moved, signed up in wife's maiden name as she still had a bank account in that name, waited a year then changed the direct debit back to my bank account. Handy having access to a 40 year old bank account in another name.

Dave
  • Tongue
    Options
    korky69 wrote: »
    ps. dont forget to go through a recommend a friend link, then you will get a free sky+ box and the other will get £50 in vouchers

Thanks for that is this done throught the net though as I was hoping to get it all set-up at one of those "kiosk" in the shopping malls.

What shop are the £50 vouchers for?
  • korky69
    edited 25 August 2009 at 12:00AM
    Options
    yes, it is done online, you need someone who you know to send you a link through their account, though you could easily get 1 off anyone off this site,
    its M&S vouchers....though with it being sky, it ought to be S&M :eek:
  • korky69
    Options
    also change bank account. I moved, signed up in wife's maiden name as she still had a bank account in that name, waited a year then changed the direct debit back to my bank account. Handy having access to a 40 year old bank account in another name.

Dave

you dont even needed to change bank,
    i openly told the bloke at the other end what i was doing,
    he even laughed about it,
    as long as the new account holder hasn't had sky, then it dont matter what name the bank account is in.
  • Tongue
    Options
    korky69 wrote: »
    you dont even needed to change bank,
    i openly told the bloke at the other end what i was doing,
    he even laughed about it,
    as long as the new account holder hasn't had sky, then it dont matter what name the bank account is in.

So can I make up a name or alter a surname to be a new customer?
  • Inactive
    Inactive Posts: 14,509 Forumite
    Options
    Tongue wrote: »
    So can I make up a name or alter a surname to be a new customer?

That is going to cause some difficulty when it comes to paying Sky.
  • korky69
    Options
    i'd think it would have to be a genuine name, credit checks, tv license and such, but as i said, i cancelled 1 in my name, moved and ordered new in my O/H name but kept the payments from my bank account.
    over the years ive had sky in my wifes name, her maiden name and even my dads who didn't even live there!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure