Developer Needed by MSE

Options
Hi folks,

MSE is looking for a London-based Web Developer to help us out for approx 3 months. MSE Neil is going to be busy on a project and we need someone who can take over the day to day maintenance, troubleshooting and development of the MoneySavingExpert.com site as well as helping staff by supporting the office base applications.

We're looking for at least 3 years experience in the following web-based technologies:

PHP
MySQL
HTML
Linux (FreeeBSD a preference)
vBulletin (or similar)
Apache Webservers
Perl (knowledge of)

To apply, please e-mail us your CV and covering letter including desired hourly rate to [email="jobs@moneysavingexpert.com"]jobs@moneysavingexpert.com[/email]. You must currently be based in the UK, within commuting distance of our office in Shepherd’s Bush, West London.

We're looking to start someone in this role as quickly as possible so if you're interested or know someone who might be, please get those applications in.

Thanks,

Webby

IMPORTANT! PLEASE DO NOT APPLY FOR THE JOB ON THE BOARDS. EMAIL JOBS@MONEYSAVINGEXPERT.COM INSTEAD

Comments

• tigermatt
    tigermatt Posts: 1,927 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    It's a shame that I live so far away from London. I have experience in almost all of the mentioned technologies except for perl which I could never grasp.

Anyway, I'm thinking if I know anyone in the area who will be interested; if so i'll forward this on to them. ;)
  • RayDoyle_2
    Options
    When is the start date, i'm currently under contract until 5th June, but will the offer still be on then?
  • thewizard
    thewizard Posts: 659 Forumite
    Options
    tigermatt wrote:
    It's a shame that I live so far away from London. I have experience in almost all of the mentioned technologies except for perl which I could never grasp.

Anyway, I'm thinking if I know anyone in the area who will be interested; if so i'll forward this on to them. ;)

Me two, I live too far away but Im too young as well :(
  • rdwarr
    rdwarr Posts: 6,159 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    It's a good time to go for a placement student. I'm in a similar position (apart from the fact that I'm Windows-based and in Stevenage) and looking to offer a year's placement. You may well fill it with a "holiday job".
    Do you really need three years PHP experience? There's not THAT much to it ;)
    Can I help?
  • tigermatt
    tigermatt Posts: 1,927 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    thewizard wrote:
    Me two, I live too far away but Im too young as well :(
    I can say me too to your post as well!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure