Charities board update
Please note, our Forum rules no longer allow the posting of links to personal fundraising or crowdfunding pages, such as JustGiving. You can read the full set of our Forum rules here.

send a card to a sick child

Options
Hello, If you have a spare couple of minutes please visit https://www.postpals.co.uk and pop a card into the post to a child fighting illness (most are battling cancer or going through transplants), it will really make their day.

pals_2.gif
Best wins in 2013 £200 and Mini iPad. 2014 no wins. 2015 2 nights 5* hotel with £300 vouchers plus £1150 Harrods gift card
Rehome an unwanted prize or gift with a seriously ill child through Postpals.co.uk

Comments

• kar
    kar Posts: 218 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, I would really love to do this, but what type of things do you send and write? I'm not sure that i would know what to write to someone in such a horrible situation - i don't want to make things worse
    Current Mortgage - £156,633:eek:
    Expecting baby no. one on 27th Oct 2010
  • vikki_louise
    vikki_louise Posts: 2,358 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hello, thanks for wanting to help :j Its best to stick to light hearted chit chat, tell them about yourself, what your up to, pets, or share some jokes or a poem, if you like creative writing you could even write to one of the younger ones from a teddy bear or kitten etc. the only guide line is to avoid the phrase "get well soon". Thanks again :)
    Best wins in 2013 £200 and Mini iPad. 2014 no wins. 2015 2 nights 5* hotel with £300 vouchers plus £1150 Harrods gift card
    Rehome an unwanted prize or gift with a seriously ill child through Postpals.co.uk
  • mandi
    mandi Posts: 11,932 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Stoptober Survivor
    Options
    Hello, thanks for wanting to help :j Its best to stick to light hearted chit chat, tell them about yourself, what your up to, pets, or share some jokes or a poem, if you like creative writing you could even write to one of the younger ones from a teddy bear or kitten etc. the only guide line is to avoid the phrase "get well soon". Thanks again :)

Hi Vikki, would you mind if I reposted this for you.. Not sure if its in Martins rules, but such a great cause deserves, a lot of attention............:T :T
  • vikki_louise
    vikki_louise Posts: 2,358 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    hello, please feel free to repost, the more people who hear about it the more smiles that can be made! :) Thank you, i wasn't sure which bit was best to put it in
  • mandi
    mandi Posts: 11,932 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Stoptober Survivor
    Options
    hello, please feel free to repost, the more people who hear about it the more smiles that can be made! :) Thank you, i wasn't sure which bit was best to put it in

Vikki . wish I could repost , but it would be a new post under my user name.

So I think you should post this in DT.... Probably not the right place.. but your sure to get a responce.. good luck..............:A
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,206 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    mandi wrote:
    Vikki . wish I could repost , but it would be a new post under my user name.

So I think you should post this in DT.... Probably not the right place.. but your sure to get a responce.. good luck..............:A

If a duplicate thread is posted in DT the two threads will be merged anyway so best to stick to this thread.

Soo
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Sallys_Savings
    Sallys_Savings Posts: 1,642 Forumite
    Options
    Vikki...thank you for posting this.....its a great idea
    My daughters are going to send some letters this weekend.
  • KatieKins
    Options
    I have been posting gifts to children for the past few days. It is such a good thing to do. I got a reply from one of the parents and it really makes you stop and think about how lucky we really are. If we can help others with just a card or small gift, its a fab thing to do =)
  • StevieJ
    StevieJ Posts: 20,174 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Vickie Louise,

Is it possible for you to point us in the direction of children who have not
    received many cards/presents to even it out a little, especially for Christmas?
    'Just think for a moment what a prospect that is. A single market without barriers visible or invisible giving you direct and unhindered access to the purchasing power of over 300 million of the worlds wealthiest and most prosperous people' Margaret Thatcher
  • vikki_louise
    Options
    hi stevie, Reuben D and Ryan H get the least amount of post
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure