Great Ways To Cut Booking Fees Hunt

124»

Comments

• amiga1
    amiga1 Posts: 38 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    A friend and I went halves on a CC Card - National Theatre Card paying £15 each. This saves us upto 50% off tickets at 16 regional theatres and some west end shows.

We recently bought 4 top price tickets for Buddy The Musical @ £24 each for just £48+£3 booking fee. P&P is free. When booking online Bristol Hippodrome charge £2.75 surcharge per ticket AND £2.75 for p&p OR if you collect at the box office. All in all we saved £58.75. Even allowing for the cost of the CC Card we're still quids in.

Other benefits as listed on their website-

Incredible ticket offers at your home theatre, regional theatres and exclusive deals for London’s West End.

Priority season brochures from your home theatre three times a year – giving you access to the best seats for the best shows!

Regional newsletters with breaking news and information on the hottest offers around.

Four complimentary house programmes worth around £12

Plus, a whole host of added value offers for restaurants, parking etc.

CCCard cost £30 a year – and you could make this back in savings in as little as one visit!
  • we have a royalties gold account with the royal bank of scotland that costs £12.00 per month, there are several benefits including 25% discount with no booking fees for theatre or concert tickets, you can purchase 4 at a time, so 4 westend best seats are £55.00 x 4 = £220, with royalties you would pay £165.00 with free delivery and no booking fee.

good luck moneysavers :T

You can buy up to 6 tickets through this discount scheme but the bookings are made through ticketmaster (via the RBOS royalties membership site) so the usual booking fees apply. It still gives a good saving and is worthwhile if you use the other royalties membership benefits, such as travel insurance, discount dining etc.
  • Cinema booking fees...last Friday I booked 2 Odeon tickets online @ 7.50 each. These came with a booking fee of 1.30. This gave a total of 16.30. Thats an almost 10% booking fee.

The only way I know to reduce the booking fee is to go to the cinema in person to buy tickets. You can do this minutes, hours, or days before a film is shown.

For film showings with reserved seating:
    If you are worried about not getting tickets for the film, or getting bad seats, then you can check the seat availability on the Odeon web site (https://www.odeon.co.uk) regularly before the film starts: Just select your cinema and film and you'll be shown a seating plan with the taken seats coloured in dark blue. As the film time approaches, if it looks like you're not going to get the seats you want then book online and pay the fee, otherwise, go to the venue a little earlier and buy the tickets there.

For films showings with unreserved seating:
    You can find out if a film has unreserved seating on the odeon web site again, follow the steps above, and instead of a seat plan you will be shown a notice saying "unreserved seating". In this case, you can phone up the cinema, and ask if tickets are likely to sell out for this showing. If yes, then book in advance, otherwise, just turn up early, buy your tickets, and pick out the best seats in the house.

Anyone know any other way of saving cash on cinema booking fees?
  • What is a CC Card? I want to go to Bristol Hippodrome to see Mama Mia later this year and any discount ideas would be appreciated....
  • lollol
    lollol Posts: 420 Forumite
    Hope someone can help

I want to buy tickets for sister act from last minute.com but they are charging £2.85 per tkt and i want to buy 3 tkts. anyone know how I can avoid this. the tkts are actually £25 each
  • redkaf
    redkaf Posts: 5 Forumite
    :T

Many thanks Middlestitch, just booked 4 tickets for Million Dollar Quartet with this website. Only charged £7 booking fee, all other agencies wanted £15 per ticket making it £60 :eek:

Will be using them again
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport