A+L tracker ISA increased fees

Options
Having a day of sorting out my finances.....

Item 2, my ISA trackers.....
Got a letter through from Legal and General this week about an "increase" in blah blah fees which has taken my TER (total expense ratio) up to about 0.84% on average.

I believe the Fidelity moneybuilder trackers have a lower expense ratio.
As I think I'm just about to open another share tracker I'm obviously keen to pay as little as possible. probably transfer my L&G shares ISA funds to the winning tracker ISA.
Is there an up to date table anywhere that shows the fees on the various share tracker ISAs???
I fancy a European shares tracker and a UK stocks tracker.
The most up to date link I've found is:

http://www.lovemoney.com/news/manage-your-finances/the-ultra-cheap-way-to-invest-in-shares-3673.aspx

Any thoughts or experience????

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,492 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    If you are only interested in trackers then stop looking at unit trusts. Look at ETFs instead.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • jamesd
    jamesd Posts: 26,103 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Trackers are cheaper for small amounts, while accumulating larger amounts and for a portion that you hold and expect to use for periodic rebalancing, because they can usually be bought with no or little initial charge. Just work out the annual charge and see when it's worth paying a dealing cost to get the lower AMC of an ETF, then sell the tracker and buy the ETF instead.

You should also look at actively managed funds with a good record of outperforming the indexes. It's worth paying a higher annual charge for performance that's better than the increase in cost.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure