First ISA

Options
I am thinking of starting my first ISA having just become morgage free thanks to this web site.

But I have some questions, as I will probably need some of the money I put in the ISA next summer.

1. Is it worth starting an ISA for one year.

2. If I am taking cash out of this years ISA, would I be able to put the full amount into this ISA next year, or will I have to start another one next year.

I would be gratefull for any advice :confused:

Comments

• fullstop
    fullstop Posts: 545 Forumite
    Options
    radical73 wrote: »
    I am thinking of starting my first ISA having just become morgage free thanks to this web site.

But I have some questions, as I will probably need some of the money I put in the ISA next summer.

1. Is it worth starting an ISA for one year.

2. If I am taking cash out of this years ISA, would I be able to put the full amount into this ISA next year, or will I have to start another one next year.

I would be gratefull for any advice :confused:

Question 1 , Yes you can start an ISA this year, by the time next summer arrives we will be in the new tax year anyway. You can put no more than£3600 in this year.

2: Yes you can put the full amount into next years ISA, and combine them both together if you wish and the provider accepts previous years money. Every one starts a new ISA in the new tax year.
    "When the Government borrows, the citizen has to save".

Machiavellii
  • McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,830 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Doestn the limit to up to over £5k for everyone next April
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport