Ofcom etc

Options
I moved to O2 broadband last year from Pipex mainly due to price but also due to the terrible customer service at Pipex. Everything was going fine until December 2008 when I lost my connection. I phoned up O2 who told me that Tiscali had taken over my broadband line! I knew nothing about this and after further discussions it was decided that Tiscali must have 'slammed' my line - in other words just taken it over for no reason. So I hoped O2 could sort this out but they told me I would need to contact Tiscali and ask for a MAC code before they could take me back. I was very pi**ed off considering I did nothing and all of a sudden Tiscali could just take over my line. I know from experience that you need a MAC code before a line can be transfered but for some reason Tiscali had taken my line over with no authorisation. So I phoned tiscali who told me that I didn't have an account with them! I agreed but told them that apparently they had slammed my line and I needed a mac code. Finally they told me to contact Pipex (arghhh!) who were now part of Tiscali and they would be able to help me. So after a long chargable call to Pipex they also told me that they knew nothing and told me to call Tiscali!!! Anyway after many weeks of O2, Tiscali, Pipex and even BT all claiming they couldn't help me I contacted Ofcom who managed to get things moving and 8 weeks later I received a Mac code from Tiscali and O2 reconnected me. So I was grateful to Ofcom however I never received an apology or refund of phone calls etc from any of these companies - even O2 continued to take payments from me and never refunded anything! I contact Ofcom again who reccomended I contact ISPA and after even more e-mail/calls I heards nothing. Finally I received a request for all the correspondence regarding the issue to be sent to Ofcom (even though I had done this several times before) and at that point I decided enough was enough and to give up waiting for an apology. My point is (if I can still remember) is that through no fault of my own I lost my internet connection and although I realise it probably wasn't O2's fault I still feel that I should have received an explanation and apology from Tiscali regarding this and no matter who I turned to I could not get this.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure