chepest broadband today ?

Options
i have orange and it usually costs just under £13. but next month they will charge almost £20.

i just need basic broadband with unlimited downloads.

hope someone knows who can offer me this at a cheap price, up to £15.

thanks.

Comments

• Nex0
    Nex0 Posts: 913 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    squeek wrote: »
    i have orange and it usually costs just under £13. but next month they will charge almost £20.

i just need basic broadband with unlimited downloads.

hope someone knows who can offer me this at a cheap price, up to £15.

thanks.

If you want unlimited downloads O2 or Sky are going to be your best bet if you can get them.
  • slinga
    slinga Posts: 1,485 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Plusnet will give you 10Gb of downloads free.

Costs £5,95 per month.
    It's your money. Except if it's the governments.
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    What LLU services can you get on your exchange? Difficult to advise unless we know what exchange you are on or what your options are. I would look at O2 but only if you can get it LLU-don't bother with the O2 Access service.
    I assume you are out of contract with Orange?
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • wannaberich41
    Options
    macman,
    Why do you say not to go on 02 Access package? Im currently plus net but looking to move. Our exchange is about 500 metres from my house so should get a good line. We have spoken to 02 who offer the access package because they have not got their equipment in that exchange. We are looking for the best deal on unlimited down loads. But got a good line speed as playing online gaming. The plusnet one we are on is pro gaming but it does throttle back sometimes. Who would you recommend?
    Things will get better day by day.
  • macman
    Options
    Don't take my word for it, look at many posts on this board and the O2 forums. Many people very unhappy with Access due to slow speeds at peak times. It's also quite an expensive service for a BT Max product.
    I'm a great fan of O2 service and pricing on LLU packages, but not on Access.
  • wannaberich41
    wannaberich41 Posts: 525 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 1 August 2009 at 2:09PM
    Options
    im non llu so not sure what to do at the mo. Thinking of plusnet unlimited down loads at the min but not sure. I thought 02 was very good until i found out that were no llu. although cant fault the service on the phone. they weer quick to answer. less than 1 min. Been on the phone to plusnet for 5 mins with no reply. GRR. Not sure how different the normal plusnet with unlimited down loads and the gaming one will be?
    Things will get better day by day.
  • squeek
    squeek Posts: 76 Forumite
    Options
    macman wrote: »
    What LLU services can you get on your exchange? Difficult to advise unless we know what exchange you are on or what your options are. I would look at O2 but only if you can get it LLU-don't bother with the O2 Access service.
    I assume you are out of contract with Orange?
    hi. 02 is out of my range and they can only offer the Access service which costs more as im not already an 02 customer.
    yes my contract with orange will end soon and they arenot prepared to keep the price the same, infact the increase i think is too high.
  • macman
    Options
    hi. 02 is out of my range and they can only offer the Access service which costs more as im not already an 02 customer.
    yes my contract with orange will end soon and they arenot prepared to keep the price the same, infact the increase i think is too high.

Access costs more because it's non-LLU and they have to pay BT to resell the service. Nothng to do with being an O2 customer. The O2 mobile discount is the same (£4.89) whether you are on Access or an LLU package.
    Access will cost you about £17 if you register for the mobile discount.
  • macman
    Options

Access costs more because it's non-LLU and they have to pay BT to resell the service. Nothng to do with being an O2 customer. The O2 mobile discount is the same (£4.89) whether you are on Access or an LLU package.
    Access will cost you about £17 if you register for the mobile discount. What are the other LLU options on your exchange?
  • mrsbudget
    mrsbudget Posts: 242 Forumite
    Options
    hi, looking for a good offer on broadband too,,a bit doh with jargons..what is LLu?,,sorry:-(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure