Mark Warner - Shocking customer service!!

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Praise, Vent & Warnings
22 replies 6.7K views

Replies

• DVardysShadowDVardysShadow
    18.9K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Halloway wrote: »
    Yeah right, I mean, trying to prevent little kids getting raped and molested, that's just totally barmy.
    No, it is not barmy to protect little children from this sort of thing. The barmy thing is to have CRB check on everyone who goes within 5 metres of a child. Otherwise, you should logically CRB check everyone who buys an icecream.

The sane way of protecting the children is to have proper supervision in place.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • shibumishibumi Forumite
    189 Posts
    Halloway wrote: »
    You get a solicitor involved and then complain that the defendant wants to go to court? Irrespective of what actually happened on your holiday Mark Warner clearly think they have a better case than you. Or did you think that you could bully MW by employing a solicitor? It looks like they have called you on this one.

The solicitor would not have taken on the case on 'no win no fee' basis if we had no grounds for compensation. All I am doing is warning people what poor customer service Mark Warner provide if you do have cause for complaint.
    Since you do not know the detail of the case I can assure you that any bullying is coming from Mark Warner and not me
  • Flight Delays - not a lot Mark Warner could do about that, with most delays the delay outwieghs the other alternative.

Workmen - different country, different rules, if you aren't happy that the chuildminder can cope then don't send them to a childminder. The play areas should have been closed though and Mark Warner should have informed you that there was building work on site.

No hot water or air con, food poisioning - you have a case here.

What are you asking in the way of compensation?
    It's taken me years of experience to get this cynical
    189 Posts
    Flight Delays - not a lot Mark Warner could do about that, with most delays the delay outwieghs the other alternative.

Workmen - different country, different rules, if you aren't happy that the chuildminder can cope then don't send them to a childminder. The play areas should have been closed though and Mark Warner should have informed you that there was building work on site.

No hot water or air con, food poisioning - you have a case here.

What are you asking in the way of compensation?

The holiday cost £2700 for the week. I have no idea what is reasonable, solicitor feels compensation amount should be about £1000.
    Thank you for a constructive and informative post, do you have experience in the field?
  • carlislelasscarlislelass Forumite
    1.8K Posts
    Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭
    LemonGrove wrote: »
    Are these anything to do with Warner Leisure hotels do you know?

Warner adult hotels belong to Bourne Leisure
  • shibumi wrote: »
    The holiday cost £2700 for the week. I have no idea what is reasonable, solicitor feels compensation amount should be about £1000.
    Thank you for a constructive and informative post, do you have experience in the field?

I do have experience, having worked in retail travel for twenty years and now for a coach operator.

£2700 is not a cheap holiday and Mark Warner are not a company that peddles cheap and cheerful or, in my experience, one that gets many complaints. Again in my opinion claiming roughly 33% of your holiday back is at the top end of reasonable, but then I don't know all the facts.

If you haven't already, have a think, and decide on a MINIMUM amount you are prepared to accept, then you have to decide if you are prepared to risk lower than that on going to court and getting next to nothing. Although as other posters have said it probably won't come to that.

I always tried to instill into my staff that a holiday will probably be the single most expensive item a family buys in a year and they should treat people with that in mind at all times. let's hope the same applies in your case
    189 Posts
    I do have experience, having worked in retail travel for twenty years and now for a coach operator.

£2700 is not a cheap holiday and Mark Warner are not a company that peddles cheap and cheerful or, in my experience, one that gets many complaints. Again in my opinion claiming roughly 33% of your holiday back is at the top end of reasonable, but then I don't know all the facts.

If you haven't already, have a think, and decide on a MINIMUM amount you are prepared to accept, then you have to decide if you are prepared to risk lower than that on going to court and getting next to nothing. Although as other posters have said it probably won't come to that.

I always tried to instill into my staff that a holiday will probably be the single most expensive item a family buys in a year and they should treat people with that in mind at all times. let's hope the same applies in your case

My complaint letters (pre solicitor) only yielded a £250 voucher against a future holiday with them (to be used within 6 months!). And given the experience we had we will never book a holiday with them again.
    Once solicitor got involved they offered £500 but the solicitor recommended holding out for more given the problems we suffered.
    I was willing to take the £500 rather than proceed to court but then Mark Warner reneged on their offer and are now only offering £250.
    The solicitor is incensed about this and said the only way forward now is taking the case to the small claims court.
  • Interesting thread.I am quite curious to know the outcome.Please keep us posted.
  • shibumi wrote: »
    Once solicitor got involved they offered £500 but the solicitor recommended holding out for more given the problems we suffered.
    I was willing to take the £500 rather than proceed to court but then Mark Warner reneged on their offer and are now only offering £250.

Although £500 is, in my view, the low end of reasonable it's a pity your solicitor didn't put a proposal to them to split the difference at £750. But then with his income dependent on what you get he's not going to .

£250 is not acceptable, vouchers or cash
    189 Posts
    Although £500 is, in my view, the low end of reasonable it's a pity your solicitor didn't put a proposal to them to split the difference at £750. But then with his income dependent on what you get he's not going to .

£250 is not acceptable, vouchers or cash

Any vouchers are worthless to me anyway... the mere thought of holidaying with them again sends me into a panic. Looks like court is going to be the only way forward unfortunately. The most I can be out of pocket by my court fee I presume?
This discussion has been closed.
LATEST MSE NEWS AND GUIDES

Cheap Train Tickets

Hidden fares, split tickets and how to beat booking fees

MSE Guides