BOOTS Colleague In Store Assessment

Options

Comments

• *Anon*
    *Anon* Posts: 357 Forumite
    Options
    loupee wrote: »
    Hey

You do recieve employee discount from day 1, I just have to ask my manager for a temp card when I'm doing my shopping, I only get the discount in the store I work in.

really? no one mentioned this to me and i have been there working a month now!!

I feel shy in asking for the discount card or even from the manager or anything....seems a bit impolite from my side if im like ;hey do i get a discount' LOL.
  • loupee
    loupee Posts: 91 Forumite
    Options
    I was told about it at my interview, and my induction. Couple of days a go we had double discount day for the staff and we were offered time during our shift to do our shopping, maybe its different depending on stores.
    In all the literature I get sent it told me about the discount, so it appears to be company policy.
    If you don't ask you don't get.
    :j
  • Delta-NC
    Delta-NC Posts: 118 Forumite
    Options
    I just tried to apply for a job at Boots on their website! It's a disaster!
  • RiverStar
    RiverStar Posts: 186 Forumite
    Options
    Delta-NC wrote: »
    I just tried to apply for a job at Boots on their website! It's a disaster!
    Yeah, same last year, I tried as well and only got so far with it, I think the couple questions at start, then the website woudn't submit the form. I emailed the recruitment to say I was having trouble but no one answered me back. I kept getting emails from them to finish my application but I couldn't get anywhere with it. In the end i gave up. tried again this year, even found job ads for Boots on Job Centre and it says to apply on line. No idea what's wrong, so if anyone has any ideas, would be great. Thanks.
    :rotfl:RiverStar:A
  • loisa
    loisa Posts: 212 Forumite
    Options
    I recently had an interview at boots, unfortunately I didn't get the job :(
    Only took them 2 weeks to get back to me! I thought the interview went well but they were interviewing a lot of people so I guess it must have come down to experience in the end...

But anyway enough about me! There is a number for the recruitment line. I remember it took some finding on the website: 0870 320 4444.
  • mountainofdebt
    Options
    My sone got a phone call earlier today to say that he'd been successful for one of their Christmas positions and starts next weekend :j:j

Does anyone know how much they will be paying him, so I know how much rent to charge him ;)?
    2014 Target;
    To overpay CC by £1,000.
    Overpayment to date : £310

2nd Purse Challenge:
    £15.88 saved to date
  • soba
    soba Posts: 2,166 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    soba wrote: »
    Start at the end of Nov, finish Christmas. That's only about three weeks work.

So it seems like my job is for a much shorter stint than everyone elses. Just my luck!!
  • loupee
    loupee Posts: 91 Forumite
    Options
    My sone got a phone call earlier today to say that he'd been successful for one of their Christmas positions and starts next weekend :j:j

Does anyone know how much they will be paying him, so I know how much rent to charge him ;)?

Congrats to your son :)
    I hope he enjoys it, I have enjoyed my first couple of weeks. My rate of pay is £5.90 per hour, although not 100% sure if they have different rates for those under 18 or 22.
    :j
  • *Anon*
    *Anon* Posts: 357 Forumite
    Options
    loupee wrote: »
    I was told about it at my interview, and my induction. Couple of days a go we had double discount day for the staff and we were offered time during our shift to do our shopping, maybe its different depending on stores.
    In all the literature I get sent it told me about the discount, so it appears to be company policy.
    If you don't ask you don't get.

yh i only work weekends and asked today - have to fill in some kind of questions and answer sheet - hmm i dont have a clue abt any of the answers.

Congrats to ur son and it depends on location. London stores get paid more so around £6.50 an hour :rotfl:
  • mountainofdebt
    Options
    *Anon* wrote: »

Congrats to ur son and it depends on location. London stores get paid more so around £6.50 an hour :rotfl:

£6.50 an hour - he's on more than me!!!

I am pleased for him - the city has a large Uni population, so potentially there would have been a large number of applicants.

He did ask us (I hope tongue in cheek!) if we could guess where our Christmas presents were coming from this year :rolleyes::rolleyes:
    2014 Target;
    To overpay CC by £1,000.
    Overpayment to date : £310

2nd Purse Challenge:
    £15.88 saved to date
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts