BOOTS Colleague In Store Assessment

Options

Comments

• *Anon*
    *Anon* Posts: 357 Forumite
    Options
    PARIS_5000 wrote: »
    Thanks I forget to ask what is the rate of pay for london stores and do you get paid weekly or monthly.

Is true that you get time and half for sundays.

For london i am not really sure but i think my store is classed as being in the london region and i will get about £6.50 ish

And xmas temps get paid weekly.... :) as others get paid monthly but they are permanent.

not sure about time and a half - as i only have saturdays.

wat about you?> which shifts will u do? and how was the interview? did they ask u to do the same things?
  • PARIS_5000
    Options
    *Anon* wrote: »
    For london i am not really sure but i think my store is classed as being in the london region and i will get about £6.50 ish

And xmas temps get paid weekly.... :) as others get paid monthly but they are permanent.

not sure about time and a half - as i only have saturdays.

wat about you?> which shifts will u do? and how was the interview? did they ask u to do the same things?
    I handed out baskets and packed bags. I also had to make a display look tidy and find a cheap item of medicine.

They ask me why I wanted to work for Boots.

I pick the part time shift 4-8 as I am at Uni and they said recruitment will contact me. My post is for Christmas and I ask the rate of pay but they said recruitment will tell you.

How long did it take for your job offer and what was the induction like.

user_online.gifpost_thanks.gif
  • *Anon*
    Options
    PARIS_5000 wrote: »

Yeah, it took about 1 week for them to get back to me....

oh god the induction was so :mad: - all we did was fill in forms and look around the store. Most pointless thing ever. No training or anything and on my 1st day they stuck me in at the deep end and i went on the tills for my full shift of 4 hours....so i didnt get a break and i dont know if i am entitled to one or not. But it was tiring...and im so glad its not full time....i will also be starting uni so i dunno if i wuld cope with the work load and this job - so i hope i dont get given extra hours yet or anything....but they didnt train me or anything - and i overcharged 2 customers so that was pants. There's no room to put the items and u have to like pack and scan and everything. Its too much :( grr i hope nxt week goes better.
  • PARIS_5000
    Options
    *Anon* wrote: »
    Yeah, it took about 1 week for them to get back to me....

oh god the induction was so :mad: - all we did was fill in forms and look around the store. Most pointless thing ever. No training or anything and on my 1st day they stuck me in at the deep end and i went on the tills for my full shift of 4 hours....so i didnt get a break and i dont know if i am entitled to one or not. But it was tiring...and im so glad its not full time....i will also be starting uni so i dunno if i wuld cope with the work load and this job - so i hope i dont get given extra hours yet or anything....but they didnt train me or anything - and i overcharged 2 customers so that was pants. There's no room to put the items and u have to like pack and scan and everything. Its too much :( grr i hope nxt week goes better.

I hope it gets better for you and did they give you a uniform.

I think that you have to work over four hours to get a break.
  • *Anon*
    Options
    yh the did give me one....thanks abt the break thing - thats ok - someone very rudely told me that in another thread. hmmm.
  • PARIS_5000 wrote: »
    I handed out baskets and packed bags. I also had to make a display look tidy and find a cheap item of medicine.

They ask me why I wanted to work for Boots.

I pick the part time shift 4-8 as I am at Uni and they said recruitment will contact me. My post is for Christmas and I ask the rate of pay but they said recruitment will tell you.

user_online.gifpost_thanks.gif

hi paris ive got my interview tomorrow between 2-3.

what did you say the reason for wanting to work at boots was???

i have always gone for jobs as i had been reconmended by someone so they knew i was a good worker so basicly got the job straight away so never had to do the application process thing.

i was asking my sister earlier about what i should say as i dont think the

kids driving me mad, need to get back to work, applied for loads of jobs and your the only one to give me an interview speach will go down well as an excuse lol

so was thinking along the lines of ive heard good things that your great to work for blah blah and such a trusted well known company etc

thanks lisa
    If you want to see the rainbow ,you gotta put up with some rain
  • PARIS_5000
    Options
    hi paris ive got my interview tomorrow between 2-3.

what did you say the reason for wanting to work at boots was???

i have always gone for jobs as i had been reconmended by someone so they knew i was a good worker so basicly got the job straight away so never had to do the application process thing.

i was asking my sister earlier about what i should say as i dont think the

kids driving me mad, need to get back to work, applied for loads of jobs and your the only one to give me an interview speach will go down well as an excuse lol

so was thinking along the lines of ive heard good things that your great to work for blah blah and such a trusted well known company etc

thanks lisa

Thats what I said and looked on the website to do some background research which you can use to help you answer that question.

The interview is very easy and the only question that ask me is why I want to work for boots and what hours could I do. The assessment is simple and they will score you for each task.

Do not worry about it because they told me that the application form is the main part of the recruitment process and the interview is just to meet you to see if they like you.
  • CrazyClum
    Options
    Got my job at Boots today :)
  • PARIS_5000
    Options
    CrazyClum wrote: »
    Got my job at Boots today :)

Got my job at Boots today too.
  • well was meant to have my interview at 2 o/c.

got there 15 mins early to be told the lady who was meant to be interviewing me was off today but obviously hasnt cancelled her interviews.

so she took my name and number and will contact the lady and get her to arrange another interview with me.

so quite peed off as i had to arrange someone to look after my kids and its my birthday today so i could of gone out

but i was thinking maybe its fate maybe i wasnt meant to get this job as there is another job out there for me
    If you want to see the rainbow ,you gotta put up with some rain
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport