Natwest Private Banking

I am sorry if this is the wrong place for this as I have just Joined.

I have been looking at Natwest Private banking, and I would qualify on income and savings, but I cannot see what card you would get on this account, as the Natwest site only lists a 'Solo Card' or 'Servicecard' for all current accounts.

I am also unsure if the card would actually have 'Private Banking' on it, as I don't think I would want that !.

Comments

• DanDan123
    DanDan123 Posts: 378 Forumite
    Yes - it does have "private banking" on the card.
  • Hi yes the card will be either the cashcard - solo, or the more likly servicecard - Maestro - your card will have the private banking logo on the front of it however you can request a standard servicecard if prefered as far as i am aware.

Hope that helps
    Currently working for NatWest Retail. All posts however are my views and opinions and are not expressing the views of NatWest or the RBS Group, my posts are there to help!

• willo65
    willo65 Posts: 1,012 Forumite
    In september card will be a Visa Debit
  • mclaren32
    mclaren32 Posts: 283
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Hi yes the card will be either the cashcard - solo, or the more likly servicecard - Maestro - your card will have the private banking logo on the front of it however you can request a standard servicecard if prefered as far as i am aware.

Hope that helps

Yes you can request a standard service card.
  • Thanks to everyone who replied !.

If I do go for it I would prefer to see some one in a branch about opening the account rather than open it online or by phone as I like face to face and then I can find out what I would or would not get. Is it possible to request a face to face meeting ?.
  • yeah really easy to arrange this you can do this over the phone either with the customer service team or with your branch or you can pop in to your local branch and they will have a specific relationship manager they pass potential private customers to so they should be able to book an appointment with the relevant private banking manager.

Hope that helps!
    Currently working for NatWest Retail. All posts however are my views and opinions and are not expressing the views of NatWest or the RBS Group, my posts are there to help!

• Thanks for all that.

Does a Private banking manager have any power ?, so if for example you really wanted a particular product or service, and its the computer says no can he get it for you ?, or is no just no ?.

I guess what I am saying is that does having a large amount with the bank help, I don't personally think it should.
  • gmidgley
    gmidgley Posts: 45 Forumite
    I think they do, I have had them for a while along with the black card from Natwest, and just arranged something with the bank, the internet said no to...so its all good!

It worth it for the mobile phone insurance and other things and discounts you get...and I like the Private Banking card, it doesn't say Meastro on the front like the normal service cards...
    This is where the signature goes, so here it is SIGNATURE!
  • LemonGrove
    LemonGrove Posts: 618 Forumite
    edited 31 July 2009 at 2:54PM
    Would you qualify for Lloyds? As if you're interested they offer a direct email address so that you can ask any queries such as the ones above officially so you know what you're getting. They also list their offices too.

[EMAIL="privatebankingenquiries@lloydstsb.co.uk"][email protected][/EMAIL]

Of course it's just personal preference, go with whichever bank you feel best with.
    Male. :o
  • LemonGrove wrote: »
    Would you qualify for Lloyds? As if you're interested they offer a direct email address so that you can ask any queries such as the ones above officially so you know what you're getting. They also list their offices too.

[EMAIL="privatebankingenquiries@lloydstsb.co.uk"][email protected][/EMAIL]

Of course it's just personal preference, go with whichever bank you feel best with.

Hi,
    I don't think I would qualify as you need £100,000+ with Lloyds, and only £50,000 in savings to invest with Natwest, and I have £82,000, so I would qualify on savings with Natwest but no Lloyds.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 234K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure