Jigsaw - praise

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Praise, Vent & Warnings
1 reply 505 views
frivolous_fayfrivolous_fay Forumite
13.3K Posts
Mortgage-free Glee!
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Praise, Vent & Warnings
I'm really not a high maintenance gal and I tend to avoid expensive looking clothes shops. I have this image of snooty sales assistants, looking perfect (unlike me, always a scruffbag) and not wanting to give me the time of day.

I did recently venture into Jigsaw in the sale, and the assistants couldn't have been nicer. They were happy running off looking for different sizes (in the storage area at one point) and then finally when I found some trousers which were lovely, but just a bit gappy at the back, they suggested their alterations service, which involved pinning the trousers to indicate the change needed, and having it altered by their sewing lady.

Ok, so the alteration cost a few quid extra, but the job was immaculate. Unfortunately it was still gappy (!!) and I was embarrassed and didn't know what to say... (I can imagine how fiddly it must have been) but the assistant said it was fine and they would send them back for a 2nd alteration.

Well the alterations lady wasn't daft and didn't want to have to change them a third time - so she asked if I could meet her so that she could check the measurements herself. So I went into the shop today and she pinned everything in place. The shop assistants all remembered me and were friendly as ever. Hopefully the trousers will be ready on Friday.

I think I'm rambling now... but my overall impression of my local Jigsaw - what a lovely bunch of ladies. They're fab :j
My TV is broken! :cry:
Edit: refunded £515 for TV 1.5 years out of warranty - thank you Sale of Goods Act! :j

Replies

• sarahg1969sarahg1969 Forumite
    6.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm really not a high maintenance gal and I tend to avoid expensive looking clothes shops. I have this image of snooty sales assistants, looking perfect (unlike me, always a scruffbag) and not wanting to give me the time of day.

I did recently venture into Jigsaw in the sale, and the assistants couldn't have been nicer. They were happy running off looking for different sizes (in the storage area at one point) and then finally when I found some trousers which were lovely, but just a bit gappy at the back, they suggested their alterations service, which involved pinning the trousers to indicate the change needed, and having it altered by their sewing lady.

Ok, so the alteration cost a few quid extra, but the job was immaculate. Unfortunately it was still gappy (!!) and I was embarrassed and didn't know what to say... (I can imagine how fiddly it must have been) but the assistant said it was fine and they would send them back for a 2nd alteration.

Well the alterations lady wasn't daft and didn't want to have to change them a third time - so she asked if I could meet her so that she could check the measurements herself. So I went into the shop today and she pinned everything in place. The shop assistants all remembered me and were friendly as ever. Hopefully the trousers will be ready on Friday.

I think I'm rambling now... but my overall impression of my local Jigsaw - what a lovely bunch of ladies. They're fab :j

Sounds like great customer service. How refreshing!
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Students - apply for uni funding NOW

If you plan to get a place via 'clearing'

MSE News

A guide to council tax bands

Lower your band & save £1,000s

MSE Guides