£650+ in 5 days!!!

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in How much have you saved?
13 replies 6.5K views
menniemennie Forumite
493 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in How much have you saved?
I used to be a avid freebie hunter, bargain hunter, saver, ebayer, tightwad, cashbacker, survey taking, mystery shopping, couon using blagger

The I stated to work longer hours and had a long commute to work and didnt have the time.

Last Friday whilst off work for a week, i logged onto this site and had a scout round. Inspired I went through RPoints and changed my Contents and Buildings insurance, Pet insurance and Gas and Electric saving £430 and making £90 cashback.

I then ordered some cheap and some free stationary for my husbands buisness though vista print earning £9 cashback.

I then sent in a couple of valid complaints to various companies and complimented some and in the past 6 days I have received the following

£10 morrisons voucher
£5 cheque
Full size bag of filter coffee
Box of 80 teabags
5 sachets of Hot Chocloate
£4 Network rail voucher
small bag filter coffee
7 small packs dog food
10 tea bags
10 postcards
£3 in fairtrade tea vouchers
WKD bottle opener
lipcote sample
3 x miller harris perfumes
2 x barefoor botanicals samples
Bottle of Liqueur, 4 glasses, citrus press, t shirt, notebooks, stirrers and cocktails recipe books.

I still have promises of items to come and have been confirmed for 2 mystery shops in the next few days that will pay £22.50.

I am totally hooked again and just wanted to send my thanks to all!!!!xx:beer:
2014 = New Year, New Me

Replies

• awesome! I'm trying to chase up payment of a contract from 2 years ago, worth 600 quid, but I doubt that he'll pay up...
  • Hey,
    Can i please asked how you managed to get such great freebies etc? Are you just emailing the feedabck section or something similar asking for them and saying you are a fan of the product?
    V new to this, so sorry to ask,
    Thanks,
    Katie
    :T
  • Yes very interested in knowing how you got the freebies. When you complimeted people, were you just emailing or writing to say how good something was? If so i've got plenty of time to be doing that.

Well done by the way.
  • Well done on saving so much money and getting so many freebies :T
    Keep up the good work :D
    Mortgage Free in 3-T2 : Started at £151,000 Nov. 2009 Mortgage Free Oct 1st 2015 :)
  • mark55manmark55man Forumite
    6.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    hope you have checked the vistaprint bad news stories - you may have signed up for an ongoing monthly commitment - although clearly being savvy you mayhave avoided it
    I think I saw you in an ice-cream parlour/Drinking milk shakes cold & long/Smiling & waving & looking so fine
    Weight 29/06/2021:96kg - YTD: -0.5kg, Trips to tip: 06/52 - Rooms Painted: 0/4 - Jun Steps (L:Av:H):(646:4956:15109)
    Debt 01/01/2021:£107.5K -- YTD:[email protected]%:£5k - Mortgage Neutral:£12K/£95K - EF:£2.5K/£10K
    Debt Reduction 2018:£20K 2019:£16K 2020:£37.5K 2021 Net YTD(29/05/21): £22K = (St:£107.5-(M:95k+CC:5k-MF:12k-EF:2.5k))
  • mark88man wrote: »
    hope you have checked the vistaprint bad news stories - you may have signed up for an ongoing monthly commitment - although clearly being savvy you mayhave avoided it

Hi forgive my ignorance, but I don't know what the ''vistaprint bad news stories'' are. Can you advise pls?

• I also got caught by vista print my own fault for not reading the small print but some where in there it would seem I allowed them to deduct 9.99 from my account
  • KONGKONG Forumite
    856 Posts
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Any news on how she got all the freebies...??
    "Sealed Pot Challenge" Member No. 938
    "Virtual Sealed Pot Challenge 2011" Member No. 7
  • tiddlestiddles Forumite
    181 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts
    That's fantastic Mennie! :)

I sympathise when you say it's difficult to do all the moneysaving activities when you are so busy - I have the same problem sometimes!
  • Mrs_ThrifyMrs_Thrify Forumite
    1.7K Posts
    I think the freebies came by going around the freebie sites and writting emails/letters to the addresses on things you have like food packets.
    You could say you realy like a brand of teabags and when you had guests you recomended there product. They in return might thank you for your trouble and send you a money off voucher or token gift.

I know people who write in to mags and if their item gets published they get a money reward.
    If winter comes, can spring be far behind?
    Spring begins on 21st March.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals