Cancelling Virgin

Options
Can I cancel my Virgin Subscription at no cost on the grounds that they are failing to deliver the service I signed up for.

The on demand aspect is extremely temperamental and even the digital TV will stutter or pause every 30mins or so which become extremely annoying at key points in movies/programmes.

I dont want to leave but the whole thing is a complete joke and I cant speak to someone who speaks English. I keep getting their foreign call centres which is a nightmare.

Comments

• hoyles10
    hoyles10 Posts: 1,283 Forumite
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel but when we cancelled we were told we would have to pay a £120 charge as we were still in contract. We went with Sky but have cancelled with them after shocking service and have cancelled our cancelation with Virgin. They couldn't do enough for us when we said we wanted to cancel so phone them explain you want to cancel because of the service you are receiving and they will more than likely offer to replace your existing box with a new V+ box like they have with us.
    If At First You Don't Succeed, Call It Version 1.0 :D
  • staffie1
    staffie1 Posts: 1,965 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    hoyles10 wrote: »
    so phone them explain you want to cancel because of the service you are receiving and they will more than likely offer to replace your existing box with a new V+ box like they have with us.

But he says he can't get to speak to someone who understands/speaks English...
    If you will the end, you must will the means.
  • hoyles10
    hoyles10 Posts: 1,283 Forumite
    Options
    staffie1 wrote: »
    But he says he can't get to speak to someone who understands/speaks English...

I must admit that's something i've hardly had a problem with whilst dealing with Virgin. I must be a lucky one.

The only person I couldn't really understand was a Scottish fella I was speaking to :D
    If At First You Don't Succeed, Call It Version 1.0 :D
  • hundredk
    hundredk Posts: 1,182 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    We had lots of issues with dodgy V+ box, always in the evening when we were watching TV. When we called Virgin we got through to India or somewhere and had to listen to them going through their script in broken English, have you pressed reset, yes, have you switched power off, yes, we'll send a signal now see how you go blah blah.

After a couple of goes at this I referred to previous calls and they sent an engineer who could see the fault immediately. He said best time to call to speak to someone in UK is in the morning. When the UK folk can't cope the calls are diverted to India.
  • kriss_boy
    kriss_boy Posts: 2,131 Forumite
    Options
    I demanded to speak to retensions and they UK call centre were a lot better.

Theyve offered to refund part of my bill and also upgrade me to a V plus box free of charge and at no extra monthly cost.

They said the software is better with the V plus box and the bonus is its HD.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure