should i stay or go

Options
ragjoy
ragjoy Posts: 197 Forumite
edited 27 July 2009 at 2:39PM in Broadband & internet access
looking for a bit of advice.
im with sky for one year at 50% off £23 pcm,broadband £5 and phone £5 this has been free for 6 months,i also pay BT for line rental.
sky/broadband 1 year contract runs out late december.
i dont really need sky+ as i have a toppy for recording and although i watch some footy and maybe 1 film per month i wont be paying the full wack after a year.
the way i see it is if i knock down the sky to 6 or 7 packs no fims or sport this will cost about £20pcm+£5broadband+£5 phone,then on top will be BT line rental.
so i will be paying about £30 per month fro basic sky+,broadband and phone (plus line rental which you pay either way)
im happy with the phones and the broadband service.
my question is do i move the broadband and phone and stop the sky altogether or how much can i save with a comparable service for phone and broadband.
if the saving is only about £10 pcm i may stay as i do watch some of the crappy channels on sky and the little one watches the kid channels.
can you you guys point to the best broadband and phone providers to compare.
my only gripe with skys broadband is there is no free newsgroup service which i would prefer to have but its not a must.
EDIT:can i just add that it would be helpful to have free or very cheap calls to a southern cyprus ?(Paphos) landline.
thanks in advance ragjoy.............
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport