We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Display Problems

2»

Comments

  • boxa
    boxa Posts: 95 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I don't have much memory in my pc (256) but the system requirements do not mention about memory, only processor (which mine is suffice). I have contacted ATI and am waiting for them to get back & I will be getting in touch with digimate as well ............... I shall keep all updated with any more info I recieve BUT all feel free to add advice if they know any - and thanks wonderfullife for your help so far.

    Paul.
  • Hi
    256 is not really a lot of memory, have you thought about upgrading it, very easy to do, it might help the situation.
  • boxa
    boxa Posts: 95 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Hi all (& wonderfullife).

    Just an update on the situation, chatting to a fella in Maplins of all places & he reckoned that re memory, the graphics card has it's own memory or s'thing & that although mine was low (it is actually only 192 MB !!) it should be suffice. He advised me to remove / disable stuff like the printer & floppy disc port (basically anything I am not using on this pc) and that should free up the 'resources' I am lacking. I'ts all irrelevant really as I did that & it didn't make any difference :-(

    The latest is now that I'm gonna go round my sis's and hijack the computer that they do not use much & rob some of their memory cards (as long as it's obviously compatible & THAT SHE GIVES ME PERMISSION :-). If that doesn't make any difference, then I'm gonna replace their graphics card with my new one & see what happens there ......................... I will keep you all informed, and hopefully provide a solution to this problem !!

    PS this is my downstairs computer & not my 'main' one, would hate you to think that I'm trying to keep up on only 192 MB !!!

    Cheers again,
    Paul.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.