🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Internet access while on holiday in Greece

Options
I got the "free" dongle from Three and unlocked it following the instructions posted elsewhere in this forum (I am not allowed to post links, but the title of the thread is "Unlock your ZTE 627 Mobile Broadband Dongle (the free one from MicroP)").
In Greece, I walked into a WIND shop (they are everywhere) and bought a pre-paid 7-day internet card for 14 Euros, and hey presto - 7 days UNLIMITED injternet access (well, up to 16GB download capacity) for less than £12. Pretty good deal if you need internet and you cannot get to an internet cafe.
For the technicaly minded, the only thing you need to do to make it work is to set the APN to "gint.b-online.gr" and the dial number to *99#.

I am sending this sitting by the beach - yes, I know I am sad but I thought I'd share this anyway!

seg

Comments

• E_Razor
    E_Razor Posts: 13 Forumite
    Options
    any good mobile internet offers? ( I don't mean internet access in your mobile phone but using a USB stick to plug into your laptop to access internet anywhere). In a hurry please advise...
  • seg1959
    Options
    E_Razor wrote: »
    any good mobile internet offers? ( I don't mean internet access in your mobile phone but using a USB stick to plug into your laptop to access internet anywhere). In a hurry please advise...

Sorry, I should have made it clearer - this is the SIM card which you put into the USB dongle that plugs into the laptop; it was all covered in the original thread I was referencing in my message.

This is the setup I am using right now :- an ASUS EEEPC laptop, an unlocked "3" dongle (as per referenced thread) and a WIND 7-day pre-paid ADSM SIM card.

As I cannot post links yet, see www dot wind dot com dot gr and look for pre-paid ADSM plans.

And I need to correct a mistake in my original message: the fair usage policy is 7GB of downloads in 7 days.

seg
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family