free security for personal items

Hi,
I have just done a mystery shop for a fellow MSE'er who tried to post a request for people to do a mystery shop to test the companies selling his product. Unfortunately, the mod in that section thought he was spam and said so. He replied that he had been a member for a while but just had not posted very much (8 posts at that time) whereupon the mod removed the thread completely!!
Anyway, I saw it before it vanished, and I did the shop and would like to say that this is NOT a scam. This guy puts the money into your paypal account before the shop so you don't pay anything, not even delivery, and you get to keep the products which are security tags for luggage, phones, computers etc.
Anyone interested?

Mod - am I allowed to give his email or his forum name for MSE so people can get in touch? He's quite happy that people know his forum name - he's just a bit nervous about posting again himself.
Sorry if this is not allowed but it is a freebie!
Cheers,
June

Comments

• davester
    davester Posts: 4,079 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    he got booted cause he didn't seek permission from Martin to self promote. It is against the forums rules to do that just as it is against the rules to post referrals here.
    Survey earnings total 2009 £417, 2010 £875, 2011 £574
  • choccytan
    choccytan Posts: 36 Forumite
    this sounds interesting though would lik ot try it

xxx
  • Juneno
    Juneno Posts: 81 Forumite
    Thanks for that.
    I didn't see my post as a referral - more of a freebie, as I haven't put any link or even his name. Just trying to point out the guy isn't spamming. That was why I asked for the mod's opinion.
  • lorweld
    lorweld Posts: 5,546 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    ADVERTISING

Hi, Martin’s asked me to post this in these circumstances: Sorry, this site is free of advertising and we ask people not to advertise their own services/websites/ebay sales (please see this rule). I have asked Board Guides to move any they see. If you have any questions about this policy please email [EMAIL="abuse@moneysavingexpert.com"]abuse@moneysavingexpert.com[/EMAIL]
    :hello:
  • lorweld
    lorweld Posts: 5,546 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    MOVING THREADS FOR BETTER RESPONSES

Hi, Martin’s asked me to post this in these circumstances: I’ve asked Board Guides to move threads if they’ll receive a better response elsewhere (please see this rule) so this post/thread has been moved to another board, where it should get more replies. If you have any questions about this policy please email [EMAIL="abuse@moneysavingexpert.com"]abuse@moneysavingexpert.com[/EMAIL]
    :hello:
  • slenderkitten
    slenderkitten Posts: 1,051 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    oh i see companies cannot promote their freebies on this stie, but people not affiliated with them such as yourself juneo could have posted it.
    My Signature is MY OWN!!
  • Hi

Thanks for asking.

I'm sure it's completely well intended but just to clarify, we ask companies/businesses whatever their size not to advertise and also not to circumvent the rule by asking a friend to do it for them.

Andrea :)
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories