IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

UKPC fines health workers

Options
I was visiting a new mum and her baby in a gated complex in bromley - in an official capacity as her health visitor. i parked in a bay marked 'visitor' and checked the sign which said 'no unauthorised parking' . There were no signs indicating that i needed to show a permit but when i returned i had a notice for £90. i telephoned the company and explained but the woman at the end said it wouldn't do any good and i had to wait for the notice to be served in the post.
When it arrived i appealed on the grounds that i was an authorised visitor to the site and there were no signs saying i needed a permit. surprise surprise they just said what they had said in the first letter- that there signs re no unauthorised parking and that i did not display a permit.

who regulates these people - i dont intend to pay - what should i expect next ?

Comments

• patman99
    patman99 Posts: 8,532 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Here's a warning, A guy in Colchester regularly parked his car on the road outside his house as it was to big for his garage. The road was un-adopted, this however, didn't stop the Parking Enforcement company getting a court order to take goods to the value of the fines (£23,500), so they took his car.
    Never Knowingly Understood.

Member #1 of £1,000 challenge - £13.74/ £1000 (that's 1.374%)

3-6 month EF £0/£3600 (that's 0 days worth)

• patman99
    patman99 Posts: 8,532 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic First Post
    Options
    BTW, handy hint, by covering-up both front and rear number plates with carboard or by using a car cover, ANY PEC (inc. local authoraties) cannot issue with a ticket, as the act of lifting-up or moving the covering materials is a criminal act. This is how Jamiroqui gets away with parking his car on double yellows.
    Never Knowingly Understood.

Member #1 of £1,000 challenge - £13.74/ £1000 (that's 1.374%)

3-6 month EF £0/£3600 (that's 0 days worth)

• peter_the_piper
    peter_the_piper Posts: 30,268 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    patman99 wrote: »
    Here's a warning, A guy in Colchester regularly parked his car on the road outside his house as it was to big for his garage. The road was un-adopted, this however, didn't stop the Parking Enforcement company getting a court order to take goods to the value of the fines (£23,500), so they took his car.

Details please or is this apocryphal?
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • peter_the_piper
    edited 23 July 2009 at 8:36AM
    Options
    patman99 wrote: »
    BTW, handy hint, by covering-up both front and rear number plates with carboard or by using a car cover, ANY PEC (inc. local authoraties) cannot issue with a ticket, as the act of lifting-up or moving the covering materials is a criminal act. This is how Jamiroqui gets away with parking his car on double yellows.

AFAIK covering up the VRM is an offence in itself which would get you a bigger dose of grief than the double yellow fine alone.
    If true you would not be able to see one vrm on the street, they'd all be covered up.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • king100
    king100 Posts: 1,565 Forumite
    Options
    Yes its true, but he racked up £22500 in charges. But they took away he means of supporting his family and that I think is criminal actually illegal.

If they as it says believed they were allowed to park outside their home surely it should be within some documents.

http://www.gazette-news.co.uk/news/4344355.Parking_outside_our_home_cost_us___22_500___and_our_cab/
    I all have learnt is from others on many sites.
    Seek legal help if unsure.
    Dont pay Private Parking tickets - they are mere invoices.

PRESS THANKS
    }
  • peter_the_piper
    Options
    What a pity that the driver did not let someone like Pepipoo help him, he would NOT have got into this position.
  • king100
    Options
    Exactly the point peter, I thought that they couldent take away his livelyhood, eg his cab.

PRESS THANKS
    }
  • peter_the_piper
    Options
    Not only was it his means of livelihood, it was on HP so they should not have removed it as it was not his, also there was no mention of small claims court just central ticketing towing it away. All in all he has been screwed royally and probably illegally. As it was in May I hope he has got it sorted ok.
  • king100
    Options
    Royally stitched up I am thinking. As you said he might have been able to do something if he had come here.

PRESS THANKS
    }
  • Crabman
    Crabman Posts: 9,943 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    I've split the above posts out of the old UKPC topic since this is a different case.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport