Moving from Be to o2 and getting cashback

Options
Hi There,

My bethere.co.uk ADSL is up for renewal in august and I want to switch to o2. As they are the same company, when you go to sign up with o2 and you put in your phone number so they can check it, it says "as you are with be you need to ring up for your mac code"
By doing this i wouldn't be able to claim any cashback through quidco as I wouldn't be completing the transaction online.

Has anyone switched from be to o2 and got cashback too?

Thanks!

Comments

• Woby_Tide
    Woby_Tide Posts: 5,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    To transfer to any other ISP you need the MAC. You have to ring up the existing ISP to obtain it. Then you would fill in the new ISP subscription and provide your MAC online to them. Whilst it is the same network I'm not sure how it would work but seeing as they are asking you to ring Be to obtain the MAC that seems a reasonable thing to expect.
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You are completing the O2 transaction online, you just need to call to get the MAC first.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
    456789 Posts: 2,305 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Just to clarify you need to ring Be not O2
  • squibby
    squibby Posts: 45 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I understand that I need to get a MAC code from BE to give to o2, but at the point where i put in my phone number on the o2 website it says;

Be broadband is currently activated on this BT landline number. Because Be is part of O2, you can move to O2 Broadband without any penalty and without giving Be your usual three month notice of cancellation. You'll need to get a MAC key from Be before we can take your order though. So please raise a ticket through Be's member centre (http://www.bethere.co.uk/memberhome.do), or give them a call on 0808 101 3430.

So I can't continue the ordering process online, therefore the cashback would not show up on my quidco account. It won't let me continue any further or give me a box to put in my MAC code and continue the online ordering process

Has anyone got around this?
  • t-elle
    t-elle Posts: 244 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Asking for your MAC from Be is not part of the completing wholly online with Quidco.
  • squibby
    squibby Posts: 45 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    can anyone else help with this?
  • Money_Grabber13579
    Options
    I thought Be was affiliated with O2? If so, you can't switch to the same company!
    Northern Ireland club member No 382 :j
  • ste_coxy
    ste_coxy Posts: 426 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I thought Be was affiliated with O2? If so, you can't switch to the same company!

they are 2 seperate entities - 2 providers of broadband under the same umbrella
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure