Swarovski ring bought at airport - no refund allowed

Hi,

Been on the phone and internet all day hoping someone can help!

2 days ago bought a Swarovski ring from the branded Swarovski shop in Turkey in Dalaman airport. Ring too big and despite the advisor claiming it could be returned in the UK Swarovski are saying there is nothing they can do. Head office no help despite 3 phonecalls and they even told me to phone Liechtenstein!

Phoned the airport I bought it in but their English was bad and they hung up. Can I receive a refund from the airport direct does anyone know?

Steer clear of buying abroad I think :(

Hope someone can help xxxx

Comments

• hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    how much?................................
  • You have no right to a refund under even Uk law because you bought the wrong size. I would guess Turkish law gives you even less rights.
  • maninthestreet
    maninthestreet Posts: 16,127 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    I don't think you stand much chance of getting a refund from either the DF shop at the airport, or the airport itself. Is there anyway the ring could be modified in some way by a jeweller?
    "You were only supposed to blow the bl**dy doors off!!"
  • hollydays
    you wont get a refund from the airport.
  • oh no, this doesn't sound good :(

It was £190 and iv got home and it is also in the sale for £78!!! Guy told me duty free but airport was even dearer than UK full price.
  • hollydays
    well,airport purchases are often kind of "happy holiday purchases" in my opinion,so you probably should not check prices!! Did you have a good holiday?!!
  • I was happy until I checked that I paid £120 more than I should have :)

I do love it so I suppose I could take it to a jewellers and get it made smaller. Also got loads of designer bargains in Turkey so i'v not really lost out that much.

Ta for asking x
  • Halloway
    Halloway Posts: 1,612 Forumite
    I was happy until I checked that I paid £120 more than I should have :)

Is that the point at which you 'discovered' that it was too big?
  • Meepster
    Meepster Posts: 5,955 Forumite
    Halloway wrote: »
    Is that the point at which you 'discovered' that it was too big?

lol

nice post :D
    If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands

• DrScotsman
    DrScotsman Posts: 996 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 23 July 2009 at 9:57AM
    IMO, the OP isn't the usual "Omg this clothes shop won't let me take back clothes I don't like this is so unfair!!" poster. When the advisor said that the OP could take it back to the UK Swarovski if they didn't like it, in my opinion, that term formed part of the contract between her and the advisor/Swarovski.

Unfortunately that contract was under Turkish law and in Turkey, which will make it unfeasable to enforce. But if you paid on a credit card then I think you might be able to claim it back fully from the credit card company, read Martin's article on section 75. However you don't have any hard evidence, but it's worth a shot.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure