Be Broadband - Instant discount!

Options
I just phoned Be to ask for my MAC code. I'm on their £17.50 package but O2 are offering something almost identical for £10 a month (because I have an O2 mobile phone contract).

When the guy asked why I was leaving I said it was because another ISP had a cheaper deal. He then asked if I'd stay with them if they reduced my monthly fee to £12!

I've never had a problem with Be - my only single issue was the price. So I snapped his hand off (after trying to haggle him down further, but he wouldn't budge).

So maybe worth giving them (or any ISP) a call to ask for your MAC code and see what they can do for you. Even if they call your bluff and issue you your MAC code, it'll just expire after 30 days if you do nothing with it.

Nothing to lose!

:j

Comments

• MonkeyD
    MonkeyD Posts: 17 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I tried once with the former NDO (now called Namesco) and they just gave me my MAC code :(

So I moved out :D
  • nogginthenog
    nogginthenog Posts: 2,649 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    MJTHFC wrote: »
    I just phoned Be to ask for my MAC code. I'm on their £17.50 package but O2 are offering something almost identical for £10 a month (because I have an O2 mobile phone contract).

When the guy asked why I was leaving I said it was because another ISP had a cheaper deal. He then asked if I'd stay with them if they reduced my monthly fee to £12!

I've never had a problem with Be - my only single issue was the price. So I snapped his hand off (after trying to haggle him down further, but he wouldn't budge).

So maybe worth giving them (or any ISP) a call to ask for your MAC code and see what they can do for you. Even if they call your bluff and issue you your MAC code, it'll just expire after 30 days if you do nothing with it.

Nothing to lose!

:j

I WAS with be's £13 package FOR THE LAST YEAR, i got it down to £10...and NO CONTRACT.
    Child of a Fighting Race.
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Be is owned by O2, so they should be able to match their prices.
    Namesco will reduce their price if you ask for your MAC, (well it worked for me a year ago), but I get the feeling that they are no longer very interested in maintaining the customer base they inherited from NDO.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • tghe-retford
    tghe-retford Posts: 982 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    I sent a ticket because I was already thinking of going to O2 to take advantage of their lower prices, so being offered £12 a month for my current package beat O2 and was the icing on the cake. :T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure