Model No of Vodafone PAYG stick

Options
Can anyone give me the model number of the white USB stick used for Vodafone PAYG.
vodafone-usb-modem-lite-h1.png
Thanks.

Comments

• espresso
    espresso Posts: 16,446 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Huawei K3520
    :doh: Blue text on this forum usually signifies hyperlinks, so click on them!..:wall:
  • moneyuser
    moneyuser Posts: 1,085 Forumite
    Options
    Have you got one expresso?

I have the same model but on a 12 mth contract. I asked vodafone if I could change to payg once the contract is finished in a few months but they said no.

I'm just trying to find out if this is because the stick is not compatible with payg or they are just trying to make me buy another stick.

You can buy the payg sims on ebay for a fiver so I just wanted to know if it will work with a K3520 by just putting the sim in the one I've already got.

I have read payg also uses k3565 which looks the same as k3520.

If anyone knows then please speak up :)
    Thanks.
  • espresso
    espresso Posts: 16,446 Forumite
    Options
    moneyuser wrote: »

I don't have a Vodafone dongle but if it's locked to the Vodafone network, I don't see how a PAYG SIM would not work in it, when configured correctly. Once unlocked, a dongle will accept any networks SIM.
    :doh: Blue text on this forum usually signifies hyperlinks, so click on them!..:wall:
  • tobiascurious
    Options
    I'm in a similar situation to OP

does anyone know if the PAYG SIMs for dongles are the same as those for phones?

the Vodafone don't seem to want to help except by selling me a new dongle with SIM included
  • Vodafone
    Vodafone Posts: 4,297 Organisation Representative
    Options
    moneyuser wrote: »

I have the same model but on a 12 mth contract. I asked vodafone if I could change to payg once the contract is finished in a few months but they said no.

I'm just trying to find out if this is because the stick is not compatible with payg or they are just trying to make me buy another stick.

You can buy the payg sims on ebay for a fiver so I just wanted to know if it will work with a K3520 by just putting the sim in the one I've already got.

I have read payg also uses k3565 which looks the same as k3520.

If anyone knows then please speak up :)
    Thanks.

Hi moneyuser,

Although we don't currently offer a SIM Only PAYG Mobile Broadband proposition I am aware that the SIMs orovided with PAYG Mobile Broadband dongles can be obtained through Ebay and will work in your current dongle.

The reason that you wouldn't be able to transfer from a contract Mobile Broadband packages to PAYG is down how each service is provisioned on the network.

Thanks,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Vodafone
    Vodafone Posts: 4,297 Organisation Representative
    Options
    I'm in a similar situation to OP

does anyone know if the PAYG SIMs for dongles are the same as those for phones?

the Vodafone don't seem to want to help except by selling me a new dongle with SIM included

Hi tobiascurious,

Although they look indentical the difference is in how the service is provisioned both on the network and at an account level.

PAYG Mobile Broadband SIM are only provisioned for data services where as phone SIMs will also be provisioned for voice and text services.

Thanks,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure