post office cancellation nightmare

Options
After moving house I needed a landline, wanted talk talk so I can chat away to my family in Malta free but need a working line so .they suggested the PO as there is no contract :o While sorting this out the PO offered a deal on broadband so I went along with it.At no point in the conversation was a contract mentioned.I get my go live date over the phone which was confirmed in a letter saying I should have received my welcome pack,which I didnt but hey ho I have my go live date so wasnt worried about a welcome pack.I kept the PO for a couple of months due to work loads and having the time and effort to change to talk talk.Talk talk took over and enjoying lots of family chats to Malta.Six months later I get a bill from the PO for the remainder of the contract period which I knew nothing about but do they want to know no thet are not interested nor can I speak to anyone who seems to know what I can do its seems a case of stalemate I am saying I didnt have any information of a contract for the broadband and they say I did in the welcome pack which I didnt receive :mad: any suggestions as what I can do please :eek: to add insult to injury I have just received a bill which was paid in Nov but at least they have apologised for this mistake

Comments

• mrJ_5
    mrJ_5 Posts: 1,064 Forumite
    Options
    did you signup online or over the phone?
  • oftenpuzzled
    Options
    mrJ wrote: »
    did you signup online or over the phone?
    over the phone but I was unaware of any contract.
  • oftenpuzzled
    Options
    It probably is but I didnt look at their website as i was offered the broadband over the phone
  • mrJ_5
    mrJ_5 Posts: 1,064 Forumite
    Options
    did they not offer to read/tell you the terms?
  • Inactive
    Inactive Posts: 14,509 Forumite
    Options
    It probably is but I didnt look at their website as i was offered the broadband over the phone

That didn't block access to their website before agreeing to the offer.

It seems that you agreed to the terms & conditions without bothering to read them first.
  • oftenpuzzled
    Options
    Inactive wrote: »
    That didn't block access to their website before agreeing to the offer.

It seems that you agreed to the terms & conditions without bothering to read them first.
    How could I access to their website without having internet connection
  • oftenpuzzled
    Options
    mrJ wrote: »
    did they not offer to read/tell you the terms?
    No not at all if they had I wouldnt have bothered with the broadband offer as its pointless agreeing to something I didnt want knowing I was putting myself in debt that to me is just stupid it seems like I am going to have to pay up but would definately not recommend them.Their customer care is rubbish ,thet cant even get the billing side of things right either
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    So how long is the contract? And how long did you expect it to be when you signed up?
    12 months is a standard period for most broadband contracts, many are 18 months. What made you think you could walk away after 2 months?
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • Inactive
    Inactive Posts: 14,509 Forumite
    Options
    How could I access to their website without having internet connection

Public Library...friend, neighbour, relative?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure